Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh export
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ksh export Post 302215012 by z_vishnu on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 10:17:21 AM
Old 07-15-2008
ksh export

Hi,

What is the difference between the following two usage of export?
export VARIABLE_NAME;VARIABLE_NAME=value
and
export VARIABLE_NAME=value

Cheers,
Vish

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

export???

I am trying to export the variable OBJ2 and set it to done. Can some one please let me how to do this? I have tried editing my .bashrc file with this echo <VARIABLE_NAME>=<"OBJ2"> But that wont seem to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justinkase
1 Replies

2. BSD

How to export

Hi I need to export some directpry path like below: var1=/<>/<>/<> export var1 This is my basic idea. I tried export var1=/<>/<>/<> after executing this in a shell i did an echo of the var1. But nothing happened. Can you please help me with this. I need to srite a script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Arrays in ksh

Hello everybody! Why I can export arrays in ksh? I trie this for exemplo: In parent script array=a array=b array=c export array When I see the variable array in child script there are only first index. For exemplo in child script +echo ${array} a (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

About export

Hi all, I am calling a script from main script. The called script (second script) have to return some value, i can use exit to pass but in exit i have to pass some other value. i used "export Var", but this command resides in a function of second script. could you please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variable from ksh script doesn't work

Hi there, in a script I have #!/usr/bin/ksh TEST=hello export TEST Problem is, that the variable doesn't get exported. I also tried typeset -x TEST=hello When I put the two lines in my .profile, the variable is set fine. Whats could be the problem here? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_symbiosis
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

export. I know it, but...

Hello, I have the following command at the "Shell": export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin I know what "export" does and the ANT_HOME part. But, regarding the following part: ${PATH} What is "PATH" Supposed to be here. In other words, what is the value of "PATH". As far as for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SWEngineer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I export an alias and use it in any shell that I want to switch to like bash, ksh

None of the aliases that I set are available if I switch to a different shell. How can I export aliases and make them available in any shell that I switch to like ksh or bash ? I tried these $>alias godata='cd /home/kc/app/data' $>alias -x godata='cd /home/kc/app/data' $>alias |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

How use export

Hello, I'm trying to use export for non use "./" when I execute a program. I mean "program" in place of "./program" I tried this: export doit=program But doesn't work the answer is: doit command not found Then, I see the variables using export, and I can see: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewBe
1 Replies
Export(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Export(3pm)

NAME
Perl6::Export - Implements the Perl 6 'is export(...)' trait SYNOPSIS
# Perl 5 code... package Some::Module; use Perl6::Export; # Export &foo by default, when explicitly requested, # or when the ':ALL' export set is requested... sub foo is export(:DEFAULT) { print "phooo!"; } # Export &var by default, when explicitly requested, # or when the ':bees', ':pubs', or ':ALL' export set is requested... # the parens after 'is export' are like the parens of a qw(...) sub bar is export(:DEFAULT :bees :pubs) { print "baaa!"; } # Export &baz when explicitly requested # or when the ':bees' or ':ALL' export set is requested... sub baz is export(:bees) { print "baassss!"; } # Always export &qux # (no matter what else is explicitly or implicitly requested) sub qux is export(:MANDATORY) { print "quuuuuuuuux!"; } sub import { # This subroutine is called when the module is used (as usual), # but it is called after any export requests have been handled. # Those requests will have been stripped from its argument list } DESCRIPTION
Implements what I hope the Perl 6 symbol export mechanism might look like. It's very straightforward: o If you want a subroutine to be capable of being exported (when explicitly requested in the "use" arguments), you mark it with the "is export" trait. o If you want a subroutine to be automatically exported when the module is used (without specific overriding arguments), you mark it with the "is export(:DEFAULT)" trait. o If you want a subroutine to be automatically exported when the module is used (even if the user specifies overriding arguments), you mark it with the "is export(:MANDATORY)" trait. o If the subroutine should also be exported when particular export groups are requested, you add the names of those export groups to the trait's argument list. That's it. WARNING
The syntax and semantics of Perl 6 is still being finalized and consequently is at any time subject to change. That means the same caveat applies to this module. DEPENDENCIES
Requires Filter::Simple AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Does not yet handle the export of variables. Comments, suggestions, and patches welcome. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003, Damian Conway. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-12 Export(3pm)