Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending HTML attachment through mail Post 302214948 by sushovan on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 08:05:20 AM
Old 07-15-2008
Java Sending HTML attachment through mail

Hi
I am new to unix and scripting.I am trying to send a html file as an attachment.
SUBJECT="Type of Exceptions in Application"
TO=Sushovan.Samals@gmail.com
SPOOLFILE=/data/reg/tlogs/Monitor.html
#echo "Send the E-mail message..."
uuencode $SPOOLFILE $SPOOLFILE | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $TO

But the message i am getting contains text which are garbled.I donot have the permission to use sendmail option(i think so as it is command not found for the path).
So how to send a mail containing html attachment.Please suggest.Thanks in advance.

Regards
-S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error when sending mail attachment

I have been sending an email attachment from my unix box, but keep getting an error? All though the recipient still receives the email and attachment. Will this error cause problems in the future and how to I cure it? $ uuencode PReSvPRINTER.txt file | mailx -s "File" me@world.com uuencode:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending attachment thru a mail

Is there any way we can send file attachemnts through mails from a unix server. Does the 'mail' command have such an option ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending inline html with an attachment using sendmail

MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=border --border Content-Type: text/html Content-Disposition: inline <html><body><h2>This text should be displayed with html formatting</h2></body></html> --border Content-Type: text/plain Content-Disposition: attachment This text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending html email with html attachment

Hello, I have a script which is sending an html file as an attachment. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="user@company.com" export CONTENT="/usr/tmp/file.html" export SUBJECT="EmailSubject" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenathkg
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a csv attachment and html text together.

Hello, I need to send below text (in a file ABC)as html text in mail body and the same as csv attachment 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 but to send as html text in mailbody we use echo "Subject: Report " | cat - ABC | /usr/lib/sendmail -t a@xyz.com and to send as an attachment in csv format we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending mail with attachment

Hi, I am using Sun solaris OS unix server I am trying to send mail with an attachment using below script cat test.txt;uuencode test.txt test.txt|mailx -s "$subject" someone@somewhere I m getting mails but with no attachment. Hence i manipulate the script as below and i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sending html mail with attachment

Hi Everyone, I am facing problems in sending html mail with attachemnt. I will able to send mail with attachment (plain text ) using mailx -s and uuencode command and also html mail without attachment using sendmail option. However I am not able to send html mail along with attachment.Either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Sending a mail with different attachment in AIX

How to Send a mail with multiple attachment also differenet extension using uuencode in AIX. Can you please help me. Its so urgent. Thanks. Regards, Swapnil ---------- Post updated at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:35 AM ---------- I have below code. But attachment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
1 Replies
vacation(1)						      General Commands Manual						       vacation(1)

NAME
vacation - Informs senders of mail that recipient is absent SYNOPSIS
vacation -I The vacation command returns a message to the sender of a mail message, saying that the recipient is on vacation or otherwise absent. OPTIONS
Initializes the $HOME/.vacation.pag and $HOME/.vacation.dir files. Execute this option before you modify your $HOME/.forward file. DESCRIPTION
The vacation command accepts standard input and attempts to send a vacation message to the user specified in that input, which should be a mail message. The vacation command is usually invoked in your $HOME/.forward file, which is used to forward your mail to another username. When you want vacation messages to be sent to users who send you mail, enter the following in your $HOME/.forward file: user, "|vacation user" Replace user by your username. This allows mail sent to you to be both received by you and piped to the vacation command; vacation reads the mail message, determines the sender, and sends a reply. The sender receives a vacation message, and the original mail is waiting in your mailbox when you return. When vacation is invoked without the -I option, as in the file, it reads the first line from the standard input for a From line to deter- mine the sender. If this is not present, an error message is produced. (All properly formatted incoming mail should include a From line.) No vacation message is sent if the From header line indicates that the message is from Postmaster; from MAILER-DAEMON; if the initial From line includes the string -REQUEST@; or if a Precedence: bulk or Precedence: junk line is included in the header. You must initialize vacation for your username by issuing the command vacation -I before you can use the vacation command. The vacation command expects a $HOME/.vacation.msg file containing a message to be sent back to each sender. The file should be an entire message, including any desired headers, such as From or Subject. This message will be sent only once a week to each unique message sender. (If this file does not exist, vacation uses /usr/share/lib/vacation.def, a system-wide default vacation message, if it exists.) The names of people who have sent you messages are kept in the files $HOME/.vacation.pag and $HOME/.vacation.dir. These files are created when you initialize vacation for your username with vacation -I. EXAMPLES
If your username is myra and you want to send a message once a week to each person who has sent you mail, initialize vacation by entering: vacation -I Next, add the following line to your $HOME/.forward file (create this file if it does not exist): myra, "|vacation myra" If you want to send a vacation message other than the system default message in /usr/share/lib/vacation.def, create the file in your home directory and enter the message in it. For example: From: myra@k.table (Myra Louise Minter) Subject: I am on vacation. Delivered-By-the-Graces-Of: the Vacation program I am on vacation until October 1. If you have something urgent, please telephone Lucy or Sue. -- Myra FILES
System-wide default vacation message. Contains address to which mail is forwarded. Contains the names of people who have sent you mail while the vacation command was being used. Contains the names of people who have sent you mail while the vacation command was being used. Contains your personal vacation message. SEE ALSO
Commands: mail(1), mailx(1), sendmail(8) vacation(1)