Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Polling an FTP site for a file Post 302214914 by zaxxon on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 07:18:46 AM
Old 07-15-2008
Writing a little here-script that checks every minute in the time window you said might be a proper solution. Keeping the connection open without doing anything might kick you out anyway, depending on how the ftp server is configured.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp protocol and quot site chmod 0

i do have a problem with the transaction of pdf-files from a server to another. there was a guy who told me about this command wich i should build in my ftp.put()-method in java. the command called: about quote site chmod 0 filename.. i think its something about filerights but does someone know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calmacroi
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

mapping FTP site as local drive

I have a small problem, there is one Win98 PC on our network, and I would like to map the FTP server that we have as one of the Win98's machine's local drives. I am by no means a Windows expert, instead my area is *NIX. The webserver is just a regualar webserver, within the LAN. I tried... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerberusofhate
18 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Site command used in ftp script

Hi everyone, can someone please tell me what can be wrong here? Script: ftp -v -n $FTPSERVER<< EOP >$LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USERID $PASSWD ascii site lrecl=500 site cyl site PRI=600 site SEC=300 lcd $FTPLOCALDIR cd $FTPTARGETDIR put $SOURCEFILE $TARGETFILE quit EOP Output:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: swoldering
11 Replies

4. Solaris

SITE command of FTP not working

Using FTP on Solaris 5.8, I am not able to use the SITE command. It says Invalid command. I am trying to change the permission of the transmitted files to -rw-rw-rw on the destination machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP -r from Secure FTP site

Hi all, My problem is simple. I would like to download the contents of a directory on an ftp site. I can access the site through windows, but there are many files and it would be too tedious to click and download each file. Thus, I am trying to use scp -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Polling continously for presence of a file

Hi, My os is sun solaris 5.10 and Korn shell scripting. I have a file name like CCNA_EARLY_SWP.w062309 where 062309 is date in mmddyy .This is the value date of the file.(will I need to check continously from 5.00 - 7.00 am daily for this file . If the file has not come at 5 am or 7am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj39
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Polling for existence of file on remote host

I am polling a file on remote host. I have this code that works, but can't explain why it works. while user@remote.no-exist.com 'ls /user/app1/.done'` ] do echo Sleeping for 5 secs sleep 5; done This code works in the way that when the .done file exists on the remote host, the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starlatch
1 Replies

8. SCO

FTP problem with site exec command

Hello dear Users, I am for the first time in this forum. I come from Germany. Please excuse my bad englisch. My OS is SCO open Server Release 5. I have a problem whith FTP and the command "site exec" if I use the command "ftp> site chmod 777 /tmp/startkpf.sc 200 CHMOD command successful. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fla5do
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Polling file

HI I need some help on this below one Have summuary file coming on daily basis with list of file names and count ,if the summuary file not exist ,pool it for every 5 mins till it arrives .Once arrived remove first and last line from the file and check all the files in respective director all... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To merge files on FTP site before getting them

I have a job that connects to FTP site, rename, get, delete a file and then process it. The renaming is done in consideration of this is one file name into which data is being accumulated many times within 24 hour cycle. This is what happens now: ftp -i $FTPHOST <<-EOF ren... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
IDLE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IDLE(1)

NAME
IDLE - An Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python SYNTAX
idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] [ file ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] ( -c cmd | -r file ) [ arg ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] - [ arg ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the idle command. This manual page was written for Debian because the original program does not have a manual page. For more information, refer to IDLE's help menu. IDLE is an Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python. IDLE is based on Tkinter, Python's bindings to the Tk widget set. Features are 100% pure Python, multi-windows with multiple undo and Python colorizing, a Python shell window subclass, a debugger. IDLE is cross-plat- form, i.e. it works on all platforms where Tk is installed. OPTIONS
-h Print this help message and exit. -n Run IDLE without a subprocess (see Help/IDLE Help for details). The following options will override the IDLE 'settings' configuration: -e Open an edit window. -i Open a shell window. The following options imply -i and will open a shell: -c cmd Run the command in a shell, or -r file Run script from file. -d Enable the debugger. -s Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP before anything else. -t title Set title of shell window. A default edit window will be bypassed when -c, -r, or - are used. [arg]* and [file]* are passed to the command (-c) or script (-r) in sys.argv[1:]. EXAMPLES
idle Open an edit window or shell depending on IDLE's configuration. idle foo.py foobar.py Edit the files, also open a shell if configured to start with shell. idle -est "Baz" foo.py Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP, edit foo.py, and open a shell window with the title "Baz". idle -c "import sys; print sys.argv" "foo" Open a shell window and run the command, passing "-c" in sys.argv[0] and "foo" in sys.argv[1]. idle -d -s -r foo.py "Hello World" Open a shell window, run a startup script, enable the debugger, and run foo.py, passing "foo.py" in sys.argv[0] and "Hello World" in sys.argv[1]. echo "import sys; print sys.argv" | idle - "foobar" Open a shell window, run the script piped in, passing '' in sys.argv[0] and "foobar" in sys.argv[1]. SEE ALSO
python(1). AUTHORS
Various. 21 September 2004 IDLE(1)