Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp from unix to Mainframe
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications ftp from unix to Mainframe Post 302214896 by ashishabhishek on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 06:27:29 AM
Old 07-15-2008
ftp from unix to Mainframe

suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

am wanting to know if the board is worth my time and effort since I work with USS (Unix System Services) on a Mainframe computer. If there are others who use USS on the Mainframe this will be helpfull. I dont want to spend my time racking up the number of posts I have nor should anyone else. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

Does anyone work with USS on an IBM Mainframe computer on this msg board? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mainframe FTP error

Hi when i am trying to ftp to a newly cretaed mainframe GDG for the first time,i am getting the following error... Verbose mode on. 200 Representation type is Ebcdic NonPrint 200 Port request OK. 550-SVC99 Return code=4 S99INFO=0 S99ERROR=38668 HEX=970C S99ERSN code X'00004379'). 550... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam99
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

ftp from unix to mainframe

hi suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file from unix to mainframe

thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP'ing EBCDIC Characters from Mainframe

Hi All, I am new to this site, I have a requirement where in i have to FTP a file from mainframe to Unix box. The catch here is there are few Spanish characters like N with tilde(~) and a with ` etc., all other characters are coming fine but those mentioned above are not coming in a proper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harikiranr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP issues between mainframe and UNIX

Hi All, The issue is that, we have a dataset in mianframe whose record length is 153 characters. And a batch job ftpies it to the unix server(SunOS) as a test file. But the ftpied file in unix does not have a record length of 153 chars. Each record of 153 chars gets splited into two line of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshkumaru
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp from UNIX to mainframe

Hi, I have many scripts where i have used sftp for file transfer from unix box to unix box.. Now that we have to sftp files from unix to mainframe, i would like to know if that is possible. I just tried in the same way i did from unix to unix, but i got the error as connection refused. Are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to Mainframe

Hi All, This is the scenario:- I am writing a script to automate FTP files from AIX to Mainframe. ( Binary mode, passive connection) FTP the currently available files(poll a directory to find the list) and put it to mainframe in one connection instance Verify if all the files are copied... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
24 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)