Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help using zgrep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help using zgrep Post 302214895 by shishir on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 06:27:10 AM
Old 07-15-2008
sir thanks

sir thanks for that
but my problem is to search 200 numbers
for one number it is taking lot time
is there any other way to do it fast so that we can search 200 numbers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Zgrep in a script

Hi, I have to use a zgrep in a script to serch archives. the issue is like if i use zgrep 'complex pattern' *.log.Z from the command line it works fine but inside the script i am not able to represent complex pattern the quotes are not getting recognised. Kindly help me out. Thanks,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayPrakash
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep / zgrep to output ONLY the matching filename and line number?

Hi all, I am trying to zgrep / grep list of files so that it displays only the matching filename:line number and does not display the whole line, like: (echo "1.txt";echo "2.txt") | xargs zgrep -no STRING If I use -o option, it displays the matching STRING and if not used, displays the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zgrep equivalent-

Hi guys I cant use zgrep on a SunOS Do you know any alternative for it? i need to use zgrep -c grep works fine but zgrep is not supported (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zgrep works at command line but not in script?

Hi all- I'm trying to search through some .gz log files to verify certain feeds have passed through our app. I have a small script that I wrote in hopes that I could automate the checking but haven't been able to get the zgrep to work. When I copy it to the command line directly it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep and zgrep then display the next few lines

Hello everyone. I would like to know if I can use grep or zgrep to search for a particular pattern then print the x number of lines after the pattern was found. Lets say for example a pattern was found on line 3, I wanted the output to show lines 3, 4 and 5. Thanks! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

zgrep cannot find all matches

$ cat 1.csv abc in csv $ cat 1.mnf abc in mnf $ zip 1.zip 1.csv 1.mnf adding: 1.csv (stored 0%) adding: 1.mnf (stored 0%) $ zgrep abc 1.zip abc in csv How come zgrep cannot find "abc in mnf"? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of zgrep

Hi, I have multiple files with name pattern as *.tar.gz, I want to search a standalone string inside it.zgrep -a 707794 *.tar.gz Result: aa.tar.gz: 1|2|7.0707794|a|b|c ab.tar.gz: 1|2|7.0000000707794|a|b|c ac.tar.gz: 1|2|986707794|a|b|c ad.tar.gz: 1|2|007700707794|a|b|c ae.tar.gz:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerojap02
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zgrep output to another compressed file

Hi, I have a big (~15G) compressed file having around 170M records and I need to exclude around 4k bad records (\n in the string) . The typical steps would have been 1. zgrep required records into new file zgrep big15GFile.dat.gz > newBig64GFile.dat 2. zip back new file gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamwha1am
1 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD