Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleting last characters of a word Post 302214884 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 06:00:15 AM
Old 07-15-2008
Code:
$str=employee_new
$ print ${str%_new}
employee
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with deleting certain characters on a line

I have a file that looks like this: It is a huge file and basically I want to delete everything at the > line except for the number after “C”. >c1154... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need in Deleting Characters

Hi, I have a log file whose size is number of characters in the file with multiple lines. Example: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Sat Sep 12 07:55:29 2009 Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved. Control File: ../adm/ctl/institution.ctl Character Set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting rows that have certain characters

Hi, I want to delete rows whenever column one has the letters 'rpa'. The file is tab seperated. e.g. years 1 bears 1 cats 2 rpat 3 rpa99 4 rpa011 5 then removing 'rpa' containing rows based on the first column years 1 bears 1 cats 2 thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines above and below a word!

i jst want to delete a host entry from httpd.conf for eg: i have entries such as: <VirtualHost 192.168.1.157:80> DocumentRoot /home/karthik ServerName kar </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.157:80> DocumentRoot /home/karthik1 ServerName www </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacky29
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - deleting each line up to a word

Hi there, I'd like to delete the beginning of a line up until it finds a certain word or character string: in this case, I'd like to delete each line up to the word "mounting". Thanks ;) Susan (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kitykity
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting new line characters

Hi, I have a weird requirement. I am having a file with 12fields in it and the end of the line for each record is "\n" (Just \n and no carriage returns) and the field delimiter is "|". Problem is I can have new line characters in any field in the data and these new line characters can even come... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngkumar
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word "description" excluding weird characters like $&lmp and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. I have attached the input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a word from a string

Hello All, I have a string like below - /LDCA20/rel/prod/libina.a I want to delete "libina.a" which is at the end.How can I do this ?? Thanks in advance Regards, Anand (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed for deleting the first word of each line?

sed /'1-2'/&^/ filename suppose there is a file containing three lines , how do we do delete the word from each line? hyter efr frf rerfer efe ewd cdcf evrfgf erfv the output has to look like frf ewd erfv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev Nukala
2 Replies
hx509 name functions(3) 					Heimdalx509library					   hx509 name functions(3)

NAME
hx509 name functions - Functions int hx509_name_to_string (const hx509_name name, char **str) int hx509_name_cmp (hx509_name n1, hx509_name n2) int hx509_parse_name (hx509_context context, const char *str, hx509_name *name) int hx509_name_copy (hx509_context context, const hx509_name from, hx509_name *to) int hx509_name_to_Name (const hx509_name from, Name *to) int hx509_name_expand (hx509_context context, hx509_name name, hx509_env env) void hx509_name_free (hx509_name *name) int hx509_unparse_der_name (const void *data, size_t length, char **str) int hx509_name_binary (const hx509_name name, heim_octet_string *os) int hx509_name_is_null_p (const hx509_name name) int hx509_general_name_unparse (GeneralName *name, char **str) Detailed Description See the PKIX/X.509 Names for description and examples. Function Documentation int hx509_general_name_unparse (GeneralName * name, char ** str) Unparse the hx509 name in name into a string. Parameters: name the name to print str an allocated string returns the name in string form Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_name_binary (const hx509_name name, heim_octet_string * os) Convert a hx509_name object to DER encoded name. Parameters: name name to concert os data to a DER encoded name, free the resulting octet string with hx509_xfree(os->data). Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_name_cmp (hx509_name n1, hx509_name n2) Compare to hx509 name object, useful for sorting. Parameters: n1 a hx509 name object. n2 a hx509 name object. Returns: 0 the objects are the same, returns > 0 is n2 is 'larger' then n2, < 0 if n1 is 'smaller' then n2. int hx509_name_copy (hx509_context context, const hx509_name from, hx509_name * to) Copy a hx509 name object. Parameters: context A hx509 cotext. from the name to copy from to the name to copy to Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_name_expand (hx509_context context, hx509_name name, hx509_env env) Expands variables in the name using env. Variables are on the form ${name}. Useful when dealing with certificate templates. Parameters: context A hx509 cotext. name the name to expand. env environment variable to expand. Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). Only UTF8String rdnSequence names are allowed void hx509_name_free (hx509_name * name) Free a hx509 name object, upond return *name will be NULL. Parameters: name a hx509 name object to be freed. int hx509_name_is_null_p (const hx509_name name) Unparse the hx509 name in name into a string. Parameters: name the name to check if its empty/null. Returns: non zero if the name is empty/null. int hx509_name_to_Name (const hx509_name from, Name * to) Convert a hx509_name into a Name. Parameters: from the name to copy from to the name to copy to Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_name_to_string (const hx509_name name, char ** str) Convert the hx509 name object into a printable string. The resulting string should be freed with free(). Parameters: name name to print str the string to return Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_parse_name (hx509_context context, const char * str, hx509_name * name) Parse a string into a hx509 name object. Parameters: context A hx509 context. str a string to parse. name the resulting object, NULL in case of error. Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_unparse_der_name (const void * data, size_t length, char ** str) Convert a DER encoded name info a string. Parameters: data data to a DER/BER encoded name length length of data str the resulting string, is NULL on failure. Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 hx509 name functions(3)