Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem in sed.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in sed. Post 302214874 by nua7 on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 05:34:37 AM
Old 07-15-2008
Data Sed with two variables is not working..

But this command now is not working...

Code:
sed -i -e "s/'${encoded}/'${decoded}'/g;" server.xml

sed -i -e "s/'${decoded}'/'${encoded}'/g;" server.xml

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Problem

I AM TRYING TO APPEND THE HOSTNAME OF A UNIX SERVER I WORK WITH SO I COULD DO A LOADING INTO A DATABASE. THE COMMAND I AM USING IS df -k | sed 's/^/dataserver /' What I intend to do is append the hostname dynamically by using the hostname command instead of having to manually enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chelsea
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed problem

Hi, I have a large 0.5gb xml file called ab_cd.xml which looks like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <AB:report xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://abc.com/ab_reporting AB_Reporting_3.xsd" xmlns:AB="http://abc.com/ab_reporting"> -------- --------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravykanth
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sed

Hi , echo "07/05/2008" | sed 's/\(..\)\/\(..\)\/\(..\)/\3\2\1/' Output :: 20050708 Expected output is 20080507 Iam not getting the bug in this. Thanks for the help -- penchal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SED

Hi, I have to use SED to remove the prefix "219-" from a text file containing phone numbers and I have to remove the ":" as well. I write the following code but it does not seem to work. Can someone help me please? mohit@mohit-desktop:~$ sed -n s/219-/" "/p corp_phones_bak > noprefix1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Problem

I have a file which contain many lines see below. "/var/www/abc>" I want to remove Both of these values "" and > (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Problem

I have a file with a lot of numbers in it and I need to clean it up and make it look nice and proper. I found this little gem of a one-liner and basically understand what it is doing but I would like to further understand what each part of the command is doing. Being a newb, I am just trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genedc1
2 Replies

7. Programming

sed problem

Hi all In input file I have records like this: 0,1,0,87,0,0,"6,87","170,03",0,"43,5",0,0,0,0,"6,87","126,53"and in output file I need that these records transforms in : 0 1 0 87 0 0 6,87 170,03 0 43,5 0 0 0 0 6,87 126,53 Could you help me in this case? Please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem

Hi i am stuck with a very silly problem :mad: below is my code echo 201010_1212_121.xml i need to replace xml with csv so i did echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/.*\.xml/.*\.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/*.xml/*.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed problem

Hi Folks, I want to replace these numbers with words as the following: $echo 1 11 223 I want to replace each number with it name (e.g. "1" replaced with "one", etc.) just to determine how sed works in such case. Thanks in advance:). Leo (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
MIME::QuotedPrint(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    MIME::QuotedPrint(3pm)

NAME
MIME::QuotedPrint - Encoding and decoding of quoted-printable strings SYNOPSIS
use MIME::QuotedPrint; $encoded = encode_qp($decoded); $decoded = decode_qp($encoded); DESCRIPTION
This module provides functions to encode and decode strings into and from the quoted-printable encoding specified in RFC 2045 - MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions). The quoted-printable encoding is intended to represent data that largely consists of bytes that correspond to printable characters in the ASCII character set. Each non-printable character (as defined by English Americans) is represented by a triplet consisting of the character "=" followed by two hexadecimal digits. The following functions are provided: encode_qp( $str) encode_qp( $str, $eol) encode_qp( $str, $eol, $binmode ) This function returns an encoded version of the string ($str) given as argument. The second argument ($eol) is the line-ending sequence to use. It is optional and defaults to " ". Every occurrence of " " is replaced with this string, and it is also used for additional "soft line breaks" to ensure that no line end up longer than 76 characters. Pass it as "1512" to produce data suitable for external consumption. The string " " produces the same result on many platforms, but not all. The third argument ($binmode) will select binary mode if passed as a TRUE value. In binary mode " " will be encoded in the same way as any other non-printable character. This ensures that a decoder will end up with exactly the same string whatever line ending sequence it uses. In general it is preferable to use the base64 encoding for binary data; see MIME::Base64. An $eol of "" (the empty string) is special. In this case, no "soft line breaks" are introduced and binary mode is effectively enabled so that any " " in the original data is encoded as well. decode_qp( $str ) This function returns the plain text version of the string given as argument. The lines of the result are " " terminated, even if the $str argument contains " " terminated lines. If you prefer not to import these routines into your namespace, you can call them as: use MIME::QuotedPrint (); $encoded = MIME::QuotedPrint::encode($decoded); $decoded = MIME::QuotedPrint::decode($encoded); Perl v5.8 and better allow extended Unicode characters in strings. Such strings cannot be encoded directly, as the quoted-printable encoding is only defined for single-byte characters. The solution is to use the Encode module to select the byte encoding you want. For example: use MIME::QuotedPrint qw(encode_qp); use Encode qw(encode); $encoded = encode_qp(encode("UTF-8", "x{FFFF} ")); print $encoded; COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-1997,2002-2004 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
MIME::Base64 perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 MIME::QuotedPrint(3pm)