Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Creating New Users in UNIX Machine !!! Post 302214678 by _R3d on Monday 14th of July 2008 03:49:54 PM
Old 07-14-2008
useradd is easier to use anyways. just prompts you for input.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating Users!!!!

Can any body show me how to create users......... Thnx.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ocpguy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating Users with SMC

Hi, I tried to create a user test1 using SMC and its only partially created with following errors: Jun 25 13:44:54 wasana WBEM_Logging_Service: The alias for user test1 could not be created. This indicates an error accessing the alias table. The error was null. Jun 25 13:44:54 wasana... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

creating users

hi, can any one help in how to get the numeric user id through useradd command ?? or any other command for the same?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwaraj
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How many users are there in solaris machine ?

Dears How can i find , how many users are in solaries machine ? any command please . regards Halim (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halimju
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating groups and users

Hi Could anyone please suggest how we can check in Linux if a user or a group name is already existing? In case of a user the command should also be able to specify the user with a given directory and shell. We can of course check this using a grep command but since that is just a pattern match,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dorothy
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for creating users

Hi, I wants to create the users for multiple machine from single main server using the shell script ,can you please help me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Migrating users from old machine to new machine

What is the best way to move all user, with permission etc... from a old linux redhat 5 to a new redhat 6 machine. It is as simple as coping the etc/passwd file etc.. ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: da2013
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get total number of users and their groups in remote UNIX machine

Hi All I am trying to do ssh to different server and on the remote server for each user trying to get groups of that user but i am not getting the required result. ssh username@ip_address "for i in $( cat /etc/passwd| cut -d: -f1);do groups $i done;exit" >>abc.txt only names are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ekamjot
5 Replies
sia_collect_trm(3)					     Library Functions Manual						sia_collect_trm(3)

NAME
sia_collect_trm - Parameter collection routine for SIA (Security Integration Architecture) LIBRARY
Standard C library (libc.so and libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sia.h> #include <siad.h> int sia_collect_trm( int timeout, int rendition, unsigned char *title, int num_prompts, prompt_t *prompts); PARAMETERS
timeout The timeout parameter is the number of seconds that the sia_collect_trm() routine waits. rendition The rendition parameter is used to determine the style of the presentation and is set to one of the following values: SIAMENUONE Select one of the choices given. SIAMENUANY Select any of the choices given. SIAFORM Fill out the form. SIAONELINER One question with one answer. SIAINFO Information only. SIAWARNING ERROR or WARNING message. title Pointer to a title string. A null pointer indicates no title. num_prompts The number of prompts in this collection. prompts A pointer to a prompt_t prompts structure. DESCRIPTION
The sia_collect_trm() routine provides parameter collection capability. The SIA session interfaces and change secure information inter- faces use a pre-defined parameter collection capability. The calling application passes the address to a parameter collection routine through the SIA middle layer to the siad_* routines. This collection routine allows different security mechanisms to prompt the user for different parameters without having to be aware of the user interface details. EXAMPLES
The following examples are coded to work with any collection routine callback, not just sia_collect_trm(); as such are not full standalone modules. The following example shows how the sia_collect_trm() routine can be used to prompt for username and password (such as in login and xdm): extern int (*collect)(); /* current SIA collection callback */ prompt_t prompts[8]; /* space for prompts */ char name[16], password[80]; /* where to store the data */ /* set up prompts for username & password, latter not echoed */ prompts[0].prompt = (unsigned char *) "login: "; prompts[0].result = (unsigned char *) name; prompts[0].min_result_length = 1; prompts[0].max_result_length = 8; prompts[0].control_flags = 0; prompts[1].prompt= (unsigned char *) "Password:"; prompts[1].result = (unsigned char *) password; prompts[1].min_result_length = 0; prompts[1].max_result_length = MAX_PWD_LENGTH; prompts[1].control_flags = SIARESINVIS; if((*collect)(0, SIAFORM, NULL, 2, &prompts) != SIA- COLSUCCESS) return(SIADFAIL | SIADSTOP); /* could not collect name, password */ The following example shows how the sia_collect_trm() routine can choose from a menu: extern int (*collect)(); /* current SIA collection callback */ int i; /* indexing */ int collecterror; /* status */ prompt_t prompts[3]; /* prompt control area */ memset(prompts, 0, sizeof prompts); prompts[0].prompt = (unsigned char *) "a"; prompts[1].prompt = (unsigned char *) "b"; prompts[2].prompt = (unsigned char *) "c"; collecterror = (*collect)(SIAONEMIN, SIAMENUONE, "Pick one of the following: ", 3, prompts); if (collecter- ror != SIACOLSUCCESS) { (void) fputs("Collection failed. ", stderr); return -1; } for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) { if (prompts[i].result) { (void) printf("You picked %s. ", prompts[i].prompt); return 0; } } (void) fputs("Collection return error. ", stderr); return -1; The following example shows how the sia_collect_trm() routine can put out an information message: extern int (*collect)(); /* current SIA collection callback */ prompt_t prompts[1]; /* space for the output text control */ prompts[0].prompt = (unsigned char *) "Example text"; (void)(*collect)(0, SIAINFO, "", 1, prompts); return 0; RETURN VALUES
The sia_collect_trm() routine returns either SIASUCCESS or SIAFAIL. ERRORS
The errno value is not (normally) set explicitly by sia_* routines. The errno values are those returned from the dynamic loader interface, from dependent (siad_*) routines, or from malloc. Possible errors include resource constraints (no memory) and various authentication failures. FILES
/etc/sia/matrix.conf RELATED INFORMATION
sia_ses_init(3), sia_chg_finger(3), matrix.conf(4) Security delim off sia_collect_trm(3)