Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl: Assigning array values.. Post 302214673 by looza on Monday 14th of July 2008 03:42:42 PM
Old 07-14-2008
works!

Thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning values to an array

The way I've been using arrays currently have been: #!/bin/ksh set -A myArray myArray=value1 myArray=value2 myArray=value3 myArray=value4 Is there a way I can assign values to an array that will automatically place the value into the next element in the array like: myArray=value1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning the values to an Array

hi every body, i donot know how to assign a array varible with a file see i having file more file property1 Name property2 Address the above two line are tab Space seperated between the property and its value i want to seperate it and assign to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkraja
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: array, assigning multi-word sentences with quotes

Just wondering if there's a better way to get these complete sentences into an array and keep the quotes intact? All the quotes make it look ugly to me but it works. I want to be able to refer to the full sentences by index. I've tried a few qw and qq/ aproaches but what I have below seems about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values to an array via for/while loop

I need to do something like this: for i in 1 2 3 4 5; do arr=$(awk 'NR="$i" { print $2 }' file_with_5_records) done That is, parse a file and assign values to an array in an ascending order relative to the number of record in the file that is being processed on each loop. Is my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiori_musicali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values for a dynamic array for an input

Hello, Can somebody please give me a snippet for the below requirement. I want to assign the values separeted by a comma to be assigned to a dynamic array. If I give an input (read statement) like abc1,abc2,abc3,abc4,abc5, all these strings abc* should be assigned to an array like below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and assigning to an array in perl

I wrote a simply perl that searched a file for a particualr value and if it found it, rite it and the next three lines to a file. Now I have been asked to check those next three lines for a different value and only write those lines if it finds the second value. I was thinking the best way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billprice13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning array values using awk in shell scripting

hi My script as below #!/bin/ksh for i in `seq 1 7` do a=$(awk '{print $i}' /home/rama/expenese.txt) done for i in `seq 1 7` do echo "${a}" done content of expense.txt is as below 5032 210179 3110 132813874 53488966 11459221 5300794 I want output as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramakrishna V
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Column Values to ARRAY in ksh

Hi , i have file which is having two fields in it (#delimited) ABC#FILE_01.DAT DEF#FILE_02.DAT i want to write first field values to one array example A_01 and second field values to B_02 array please let me know how to do this ,my final requirement i have send out a mail for each record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkabc789
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies
IO::Dir(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      IO::Dir(3pm)

NAME
IO::Dir - supply object methods for directory handles SYNOPSIS
use IO::Dir; $d = new IO::Dir "."; if (defined $d) { while (defined($_ = $d->read)) { something($_); } $d->rewind; while (defined($_ = $d->read)) { something_else($_); } undef $d; } tie %dir, IO::Dir, "."; foreach (keys %dir) { print $_, " " , $dir{$_}->size," "; } DESCRIPTION
The "IO::Dir" package provides two interfaces to perl's directory reading routines. The first interface is an object approach. "IO::Dir" provides an object constructor and methods, which are just wrappers around perl's built in directory reading routines. new ( [ DIRNAME ] ) "new" is the constuctor for "IO::Dir" objects. It accepts one optional argument which, if given, "new" will pass to "open" The following methods are wrappers for the directory related functions built into perl (the trailing `dir' has been removed from the names). See perlfunc for details of these functions. open ( DIRNAME ) read () seek ( POS ) tell () rewind () close () "IO::Dir" also provides an interface to reading directories via a tied HASH. The tied HASH extends the interface beyond just the directory reading routines by the use of "lstat", from the "File::stat" package, "unlink", "rmdir" and "utime". tie %hash, IO::Dir, DIRNAME [, OPTIONS ] The keys of the HASH will be the names of the entries in the directory. Reading a value from the hash will be the result of calling "File::stat::lstat". Deleting an element from the hash will call "unlink" providing that "DIR_UNLINK" is passed in the "OPTIONS". Assigning to an entry in the HASH will cause the time stamps of the file to be modified. If the file does not exist then it will be cre- ated. Assigning a single integer to a HASH element will cause both the access and modification times to be changed to that value. Alterna- tively a reference to an array of two values can be passed. The first array element will be used to set the access time and the second ele- ment will be used to set the modification time. SEE ALSO
File::stat AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perl5-porters@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 IO::Dir(3pm)