Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX use an alias for "from" address in mailx Post 302214648 by Ikon on Monday 14th of July 2008 02:01:02 PM
Old 07-14-2008
No exatally what you asked, but ehre is a script I am using to send emails with attachments. Maybe it will help you.

---Start script---
#!/bin/bash

ATTFILE=$1
ATTNAME=$1

MAILTO=someone@somewhere.com
MAILFROM=someoneelse@somewhere.com
( cat <<HERE; uuencode "${ATTFILE}" "${ATTNAME}" ) | sendmail -oi -t
To: ${MAILTO}
Subject: Attached $ATTNAME

HERE

---End script---

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send in the future? Also change "from" address?

Hey, I've got a script using mailx to send an email to the user, but i'd like it if I could have it send the email sometime in the future, not right away. And by future, i mean like 1 minute in the future. And I don't want it to halt the script in anyway. Perhaps there's a way to have it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All alias in .profile lost when "script" command is called

Hi, I was trying to call "script <an ip add>" command from .profile file to log everything whenever anyone logs in to this user. I did the following at the end of .profile. 1) Extracted the IP address who logged in 2) Called script < ip add> . The problem I am facing is all, aliases etc. written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Ho do I masquerade the "user@user.local" address in mail/mailx?

Hi, I'm brand new here and looking for a solution: I'm using mail or mailx. The default reply address is «myshortusername@mylongusername.local» which makes absolutely no sense for anybody receiving my emails. But how do I change it? There seem to be many solutions but none for Mac OS X.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gczychi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias, function or script (bash) to "revert" cd command?

In all of my brief and superficial experience with Unix or Linux, the one curious and consistent thing has been that 'cd ./' (back up one directory level) has done absolutely nothing in any of them. Now I understand that, at least for bash, 'cd ./' appears to have been substituted by 'cd ..' Am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the meaning of "!:*" in "alias foo 'command\!:*' filename"

Hi: How can I remove my own post? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
STG-IMPORT(1)							   StGit Manual 						     STG-IMPORT(1)

NAME
stg-import - Import a GNU diff file as a new patch SYNOPSIS
stg import [options] [<file>|<url>] DESCRIPTION
Create a new patch and apply the given GNU diff file (or the standard input). By default, the file name is used as the patch name but this can be overridden with the --name option. The patch can either be a normal file with the description at the top or it can have standard mail format, the Subject, From and Date headers being used for generating the patch information. The command can also read series and mbox files. If a patch does not apply cleanly, the failed diff is written to the .stgit-failed.patch file and an empty StGIT patch is added to the stack. The patch description has to be separated from the data with a --- line. OPTIONS
-m, --mail Import the patch from a standard e-mail file. -M, --mbox Import a series of patches from an mbox file. -s, --series Import a series of patches from a series file or a tar archive. -u, --url Import a patch from a URL. -n NAME, --name NAME Use NAME as the patch name. -p N, --strip N Remove N leading slashes from diff paths (default 1). -t, --stripname Strip numbering and extension from patch name. -i, --ignore Ignore the applied patches in the series. --replace Replace the unapplied patches in the series. -b BASE, --base BASE Use BASE instead of HEAD for file importing. --reject Leave the rejected hunks in corresponding *.rej files. -e, --edit Invoke an editor for the patch description. -d, --showdiff Show the patch content in the editor buffer. -a "NAME <EMAIL>", --author "NAME <EMAIL>" Use "NAME <EMAIL>" as the author details. --authname AUTHNAME Use AUTHNAME as the author name. --authemail AUTHEMAIL Use AUTHEMAIL as the author e-mail. --authdate AUTHDATE Use AUTHDATE as the author date. --sign Add a "Signed-off-by:" to the end of the patch. --ack Add an "Acked-by:" line to the end of the patch. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-IMPORT(1)