Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with an (easy) parser
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with an (easy) parser Post 302214633 by rubin on Monday 14th of July 2008 12:17:37 PM
Old 07-14-2008
Code:
awk '/@<TRIPOS>MOLECULE/{k="new_file"n+1"."FILENAME;close(k);f=0;print "@<TRIPOS>MOLECULE" > k} f{print > k} /@<TRIPOS>MOLECULE/{f=1;n++}' my_file.mol2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string parser

I am new to scripting I want to parse a string in a loop eg A:B:C:D E:F:G:H and put them in different variable attr1 = A attr2 = B attr3 = C attr4 = D . . /* do processing with attr1, attr2, attr3 and attr4 */ then go to next line E:F:G:H and again assign... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flextronics
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Parser

I am having a text file as follows say server.txt Date Time server ip error code -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 02/21/2008 18:10:14 server1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6 02/21/2008 08:10:14 server2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a text parser

i need a simple text parser which can parse a data file created by a softwre so that i can export it to my mysqldb,, datafile created as one record per line with different number of fields. e.g datafile contains following. a=1, b=3, c=4 a=1, c=55, d=abcd a=5, b=hello, c=99, d=help now i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfaizan
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parser with sed

Hi, I have this variable: <a href="http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20100916/video-calamares-rellenos-salsa-pimientos-garbanzos-16-09-10/878586.shtml">V�deo: Calamares rellenos con salsa de pimientos y ...</a> I would like to have: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
7 Replies

6. Programming

Parser

Hi Everyone I have an out put of multiple lines which I would like to parse and retrieve certain info from it. The output consists of multiple sections that starts with the line Client: and ends with STL tag: each section separated by an empty line. So basically somehting like Client: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan1
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Parser

Hi need help parsing a file. I have tag fields and values in a file with delimiter |. sample records from the file listed below 8=value|9=value|35=value|49=value|56=value|34=value|50=value|48=value|10=value 8=value|9=value|35=value|49=value|56=value|34=value|51=value|48=value|10=value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subramanian
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Parser

Hi, I have been assigned a task to migrate few thousands of sql scripts to a different db format. there could be sub queries and complex joins. there would be functions that needs to be replaced from a given list to another values. this should also parse the sub\inline queries. Can you please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parser

Hi All, I am trying to create a parser to find out what cobol programs are being called by which JCL's. I need to search recursively until the main cobol program is found being called by a JCL. I tried to create a script but I am not able to generalize it. Can someone please help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Making a parser

input 1..100km 112..403km 500..623km required output 1..51 112..162 500..550 (i.e 50kms added to the initial distance) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
2 Replies
Log::Report::Dispatcher::File(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Log::Report::Dispatcher::File(3pm)

NAME
Log::Report::Dispatcher::File - send messages to a file or file-handle INHERITANCE
Log::Report::Dispatcher::File is a Log::Report::Dispatcher SYNOPSIS
dispatcher Log::Report::Dispatcher::File => 'stderr' , to => *STDERR, accept => 'NOTICE-'; # close a dispatcher dispatcher close => 'stderr'; # let dispatcher open and close the file dispatcher FILE => 'mylog', to => '/var/log/mylog' , charset => 'utf-8'; ... dispatcher close => 'mylog'; # will close file # open yourself, then also close yourself open OUT, ">:encoding('iso-8859-1')", '/var/log/mylog' or fault "..."; dispatcher FILE => 'mylog', to => *OUT; ... dispatcher close => 'mylog'; close OUT; # dispatch into a scalar my $output = ''; open $outfile, '>', $output; dispatcher FILE => 'into-scalar', to => $outfile; ... dispatcher close => 'into-scalar'; print $output; DESCRIPTION
This basic file logger accepts an file-handle or filename as destination. METHODS
Constructors $obj->close Only when initiated with a FILENAME, the file will be closed. In any other case, nothing will be done. Log::Report::Dispatcher::File->new(TYPE, NAME, OPTIONS) -Option --Defined in --Default accept Log::Report::Dispatcher depend on mode charset Log::Report::Dispatcher LOCALE format_reason Log::Report::Dispatcher 'LOWERCASE' locale Log::Report::Dispatcher <system locale> mode Log::Report::Dispatcher 'NORMAL' replace false to <required> accept => REASONS charset => CHARSET format_reason => 'UPPERCASE'|'LOWERCASE'|'UCFIRST'|'IGNORE'|CODE locale => LOCALE mode => 'NORMAL'|'VERBOSE'|'ASSERT'|'DEBUG'|0..3 replace => BOOLEAN Only used in combination with a FILENAME: throw away the old file if it exists. Probably you wish to append to existing information. Use the LOCALE setting by default, which is LC_CTYPE or LC_ALL or LANG (in that order). If these contain a character-set which Perl understands, then that is used, otherwise silently ignored. to => FILENAME|FILEHANDLE|OBJECT You can either specify a FILENAME, which is opened in append mode with autoflush on. Or pass any kind of FILE-HANDLE or some OBJECT which implements a "print()" method. You probably want to have autoflush enabled on your FILE-HANDLES. When cleaning-up the dispatcher, the file will only be closed in case of a FILENAME. Accessors $obj->filename Returns the name of the opened file, or "undef" in case this dispatcher was started from a file-handle or file-object. $obj->isDisabled See "Accessors" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->mode See "Accessors" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->name See "Accessors" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->needs See "Accessors" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->type See "Accessors" in Log::Report::Dispatcher Logging $obj->collectLocation Log::Report::Dispatcher::File->collectLocation See "Logging" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->collectStack([MAXDEPTH]) Log::Report::Dispatcher::File->collectStack([MAXDEPTH]) See "Logging" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->log(HASH-of-OPTIONS, REASON, MESSAGE) See "Logging" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->stackTraceLine(OPTIONS) Log::Report::Dispatcher::File->stackTraceLine(OPTIONS) See "Logging" in Log::Report::Dispatcher $obj->translate(HASH-of-OPTIONS, REASON, MESSAGE) See "Logging" in Log::Report::Dispatcher SEE ALSO
This module is part of Log-Report distribution version 0.94, built on August 23, 2011. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/log-report/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2007-2011 by Mark Overmeer. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2011-08-23 Log::Report::Dispatcher::File(3pm)