Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ILOM and Solaris installation Post 302214595 by incredible on Monday 14th of July 2008 10:51:37 AM
Old 07-14-2008
do a `start /SYS' to power the server on, and `start /SP/console' to see the console and start your installation! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Installation

Hi, I want to know as we can install Sun Solaris through hyperterminal,Wheather any other software is coming through which we can install sun solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ILOM Alert messages to Solaris OS - X4250 (Intel based NO ALOM)

Hi, I have a problem when running some tests. I unplug one power cable from the server. No message is sent to/var/adm/messages On the ILOM GUI, it shows power state deasserted. Anyone knows how to forward this message to the OS, perhaps using the alert management settings? IPMI,snmp?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun X4540 Ilom - Solaris 10

Hello Admins, I am trying to access the solaris 10 host using the ilo. When I do start /SP/console, it just hangs, it doesn't give me any login prompt... I tried reset /SYS and also did reset /SP...but no luck... We have Sun X4540.... Any help appreciated..Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Redirecting console output to ILOM during installation

Hi, I need to install solaris remotely via the ILOM port on a x4170 box, and I have downloaded the Solaris 11 for x86 - text install image and burned it on a DVD. When I boot the box, it's showing the boot_archive loading percentage on the SP console, but when it's done and start the interactive... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: u_paludan
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 1/13

Hi, I am doing a fresh installation of Solaris 10 1/13 on an IBM x3550 M3 server (x86). When I begin the installation it shows me failed to mount zfs, I was advised by oracle to ignore that. After the installation has finished and I reboot,I get a host of random errors after that it displays... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spirited67
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Netra T4-1 How to Find ILOM IP from Solaris OS

Hello, We have Netra T4-1 server with Solaris 10 OS. I have remote access to OS. But i don't know the ILOM IP of T4-1. That's why i cannot connect to it. Is there a Solaris command to display ILOM IP? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: byrusber
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.3 installation FS

Am new on Solaris and I need customized FS like below am using text base installation iso and not getting any option to modify FS during installation . OS: Solaris 11.3 x86 Please assist if am doing anything wrong here . / -> 5GB /opt -> 100GB /var ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
5 Replies
CONSOLE(4)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							CONSOLE(4)

NAME
console - console terminal and virtual consoles DESCRIPTION
A Linux system has up to 63 virtual consoles (character devices with major number 4 and minor number 1 to 63), usually called /dev/ttyn with 1 <= n <= 63. The current console is also addressed by /dev/console or /dev/tty0, the character device with major number 4 and minor number 0. The device files /dev/* are usually created using the script MAKEDEV, or using mknod(1), usually with mode 0622 and owner root.tty. Before kernel version 1.1.54 the number of virtual consoles was compiled into the kernel (in tty.h: #define NR_CONSOLES 8) and could be changed by editing and recompiling. Since version 1.1.54 virtual consoles are created on the fly, as soon as they are needed. Common ways to start a process on a console are: (a) tell init(8) (in inittab(5)) to start a mingetty(8) (or agetty(8)) on the console; (b) ask openvt(1) to start a process on the console; (c) start X--it will find the first unused console, and display its output there. (There is also the ancient doshell(8).) Common ways to switch consoles are: (a) use Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Alt+Fn to switch to console n; AltGr+Fn might bring you to console n+12 [here Alt and AltGr refer to the left and right Alt keys, respectively]; (b) use Alt+RightArrow or Alt+LeftArrow to cycle through the presently allocated consoles; (c) use the program chvt(1). (The key mapping is user settable, see loadkeys(1); the above mentioned key combinations are according to the default settings.) The command deallocvt(1) (formerly disalloc) will free the memory taken by the screen buffers for consoles that no longer have any associ- ated process. Properties Consoles carry a lot of state. I hope to document that some other time. The most important fact is that the consoles simulate vt100 ter- minals. In particular, a console is reset to the initial state by printing the two characters ESC c. All escape sequences can be found in console_codes(4). FILES
/dev/console /dev/tty* SEE ALSO
chvt(1), deallocvt(1), loadkeys(1), mknod(1), openvt(1), console_codes(4), console_ioctl(4), tty(4), ttyS(4), charsets(7), agetty(8), init(8), mapscrn(8), mingetty(8), resizecons(8), setfont(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1994-10-31 CONSOLE(4)