Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in IF statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in IF statement Post 302214594 by methyl on Monday 14th of July 2008 10:44:29 AM
Old 07-14-2008
Syntax points taken into account.
The first "else" clause is not needed.
Also, the script exits on the first file missing from "a/file.lst". To continue looking at the list, replace "exit" with "continue".

for filename in `cat a/file.lst`
do

if [ ! -e $filename ]
then
echo "Exit Code Description :File $filename - is missing in Input Direc
tory" >a.log
exit
fi

count1=`awk 'END {print NR}' $filename`
echo "$count1">>a.log
count2=`awk 'END {print NR}' $a/$filename`
echo "$count2" >>a.log

if [[ $count1 == $count2 ]]
then
echo "Same $count2 -$filename is present in Input Directory" >>a.log
else
echo "different $count2 -$filename is present in Input Directory" >>a.lo
g
fi

done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing error in if statement

hello, I am trying to parse an error returned by a command inside the if statement but it is just displays the full error instead and then stops. if ; then echo "no such package" else echo "similar version found will use pkgrm" fi the above code just displays please let me know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with if statement..Please help

:b:hi, I have a script as given below: pr_det="1" if then awk ' BEGIN {printf("%23s","session")}' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf "\n"} ' >> report.txt else awk ' BEGIN {printf("%55s","file_dsc")} ' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf("%101s","no_recs")} '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snytax error on If Statement--help

year=`date '+%Y'` month=`date '+%m'` day=`date '+%d'` day=`expr $day - 1` case $month in 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 8 | 10 | 12);; if($day =7 ); then $day=6 fi 4 | 6 | 9 | 11);; if ; then $day=31 fi 2);; if ; then if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
2 Replies

4. Linux

error in if statement

Hi , I am getting an error when I run the script for checking word "view" in a file . I am using if statement. like this if then VW_VAR=` cat $TN.${ecmdate}.sql1 | grep -i view | awk '{print $3}' | cut -d '.' -f2 ` echo " VW_$VW_VAR " sed -e... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in if statement

Hi, This is my script to catch any oracle errors. In this, the $sqlerr returns ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when i specify wrong username/password the if condition is failing. how can i resolve the issue. the if statement gives error sqloutput=`sqlplus -s -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in if statement

I am working on script for stale nfs. the file consists of cat data01stale.log - - - - /abcd/backup - - - - /abcd/data Script (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement Syntax error

Hi Can you please tell me what is wrong with this line: if && ]; then basically i want to check if x = 12 and F (Filename) end with 'g'. But it is throwing syntax error. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/if statement error

Can anybody tell the correct way to use the following awk pattern check within an if statement? When I run this command outside of the if statement cat /tmp/test2.out | awk -v T=$TIME -v G=$GROUP -v C=$CDATE '$0 ~ T && $0 ~ G && $0 ~ C' | grep -i "Starting the group" I get the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error code with if statement

hello all im new to unix and when i use below script i get an error : #! /bin/bash Echo -e "enter the name of the file : \c" read file_name if then echo "$file_name found" else echo "$file_name not found" fi running the script i get below error : $ ./hello (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahims1
26 Replies
IS_READABLE(3)								 1							    IS_READABLE(3)

is_readable - Tells whether a file exists and is readable

SYNOPSIS
bool is_readable (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Tells whether a file exists and is readable. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the file or directory specified by $filename exists and is readable, FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 is_readable(3) example <?php $filename = 'test.txt'; if (is_readable($filename)) { echo 'The file is readable'; } else { echo 'The file is not readable'; } ?> ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Upon failure, an E_WARNING is emitted. NOTES
Keep in mind that PHP may be accessing the file as the user id that the web server runs as (often 'nobody'). Safe mode limitations are not taken into account before PHP 5.1.5. Note The results of this function are cached. See clearstatcache(3) for more details. Tip As of PHP 5.0.0, this function can also be used with some URL wrappers. Refer to "Supported Protocols and Wrappers" to determine which wrappers support stat(3) family of functionality. Note The check is done using the real UID/GID instead of the effective one. This function may return TRUE for directories. Use is_dir(3) to distinguish file and directory. SEE ALSO
is_writable(3), file_exists(3), fgets(3). PHP Documentation Group IS_READABLE(3)