Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is it a bug ..?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is it a bug ..? Post 302214514 by nua7 on Monday 14th of July 2008 07:37:51 AM
Old 07-14-2008
Question Is it a bug ..?

Hi All,
I am using Red Hat Linux on my servers. The problem that I am facing is, sometimes the /opt usage on the server shows used percentage as 100% , when actually it is simply 20%.

When I reboot the system, it comes back to 20%.Is this a bug in the system or my settings have gone wrong somewhere..?

If anyone has any ideas on this, it would help a lot!!

Thanks!
nua7

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Bug has developed

Guys there is another bug that has developed.........now messaged above 6 bytes are trimmed and echoed back to client.After the first message the echo is not regular.I have put a loop in both client and server to check for closing.Moreover for connection close i also need to put another clause that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunjag
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Have I found a bug?

When searching for new posts, I see that my voting in one of the polls counts as a 'new post'. However, while the '<blah> minutes ago' entry updates correctly, the 'by <username>' is the last user to actually post a comment in the poll instead. Result: Poll: vB Guest Book 39... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate bug?

I have been mailing myself logs for a while, but just ran into a problem because of a process that cannot HUP its log. (I realize thats why they implemented the "copytruncate" option in the first place) When I use logrotate with "copytruncate" and "compress" there is a problem. The "myScript"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

4. AIX

bug in 43 ???

xxxxserver# lsattr -El inet0 | grep 255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 | grep '.40' route net,-hopcount,1,-netmask,255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 How this is possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where's the bug?

#!/bin/bash if then #echo "infinite loop" exit 0 fi when I run this file I get the following error: ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: `fi' :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
4 Replies

6. Programming

is this a bug of g++?

Hello, Im using the g++(g++ Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5 4.4.5) and im trying to compile a small snippet code and got into an endless loop.I recompiled that in VS2010 under Windows 7 and the answer is as expected.so i wonder is this a bug of g++?here is my code. #include<iostream> using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this bug?

Hi gurus, I have script as below: #!/bin/ksh while : do cat /dev/null > srcfile exit_time=`TZ=GMT-20 date +%Y%m%d1950` cur_time=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M` flag=1 if ; then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A $(( expression )) bug?

This is for the big guns... I have been modifying AudioScope.sh to bring it inline with more current practices. I hit a bug which IS not present in the original code but was after modification. Shell check first:- #!/bin/sh txt="1234567890" echo "$(( $txt ))" echo "$(( ${#txt} - 1 ))" echo... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
17 Replies
octave-bug(1)						      General Commands Manual						     octave-bug(1)

NAME
octave-bug - report a bug in GNU Octave SYNOPSIS
octave-bug [-s subject] DESCRIPTION
octave-bug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning Octave in a standard format. octave-bug is typically invoked by the Octave command bug_report which is intended to be called interactively from within Octave. This provides the best way to submit a bug report for Octave. It creates a template bug report file and starts an editor on that file. The bug report will be sent to the bug-octave mailing list once the editing has been completed (this assumes of course that your system can use email). However, the user could also call octave-bug outside of Octave. Please read the `Bugs' chapter in the Octave manual to find out how to submit a bug report that will enable the Octave maintainers to fix the problem. If you are unable to use the bug_report command, send your message to the bug-octave mailing list, bug- octave@bevo.che.wisc.edu. OPTIONS
-s subject Specify a subject line for the bug report. Spaces in the subject must be quoted. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
octave-bug uses the environment variables USER, EDITOR, and PAGER which can be used for customization. VERSION
This document was last revised for Octave version 2.0.16. SEE ALSO
octave(1), bashbug(1) AUTHOR
John W. Eaton Department of Chemical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison Madison, WI 53706 USA <jwe@bevo.che.wisc.edu> GNU
6 March 2000 octave-bug(1)