Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shared directory
Operating Systems Solaris shared directory Post 302214453 by mm00123 on Monday 14th of July 2008 06:37:33 AM
Old 07-14-2008
Question shared directory

how can I make a shared directory between two UNIX servers???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

mounting a directory to a windows 2000 shared folder

until recently I've been using the following command successfully: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_user_name,password=password /home/temp/ //oldserver/openexchange To connect to a Win2000 shared folder called openexchange on a machine called //oldserver. But as from today, I've been getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy file from UNIX to shared directory

Hi, I want to copy a file from unix machine to a shared windows directory. i tried using the ftp command but i was able to transfer the file only to my local directory. Is there any way we can transfer/copy the files from unix to windows shared directory.......... Please help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sireesha15
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Shared Home directory between Unix servers

Hi Im working in an environment where 2 production and 2 testing unix servers are used.. All these servers share the same home directory.. how is it done where would the home directory be located (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
0 Replies

4. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shared directory permissions

I use User private groups, and have setup a new group 'team' and member users, and a shared directory owned by that group with permissions as follows: drwxrwsr-x 2 holocene team 4096 2010-05-29 14:45 holoceneshardir My objective is collaboration among group 'team' members. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server... Here is the error message we are getting... error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed... >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files in a shared directory

At work, we have a shared directory where we modify files via ssh. This can be an issue if two people unknowingly try to open and modify the same file. Sure, one user could send a mass e-mail/IM to the group, letting everyone know when he/she is accessing a file, but I was wondering if there was a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Strange thing with solaris ls on nfs shared directory

I shared from linux server a dir with nfs3,solaris mount ok,and can tar files,but if i do ls or cp.. on mnt i have mount the nfs share root@solaris: mnt $ touch 2 root@solaris: mnt $ ls -lh ls: can't read ACL on .: Permission denied root@solaris: mnt $ ls 1.tar 2 root@solaris: mnt $ cp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
4 Replies

9. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

10. Solaris

ZFS shared with NFS makes directory cover filesystem

I'm having a strange issue that I'm unsure what to do with. I have a new Solaris home server that I want hard mount /home to all our servers. I've made each user's home directory a filesystem so that I can manage every user with a quota. In each one of my server vfstab files I have it set as: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mijohnst
4 Replies
nisshowcache(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  nisshowcache(1M)

NAME
nisshowcache - NIS+ utility to print out the contents of the shared cache file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisshowcache [-v] DESCRIPTION
nisshowcache prints out the contents of the per-machine NIS+ directory cache that is shared by all processes accessing NIS+ on the machine. By default, nisshowcache only prints out the directory names in the cache along with the list of active servers. The shared cache is maintained by nis_cachemgr(1M). OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. Print out the contents of each directory object, including the information on the server name and its universal addresses. FILES
/var/nis/NIS_SHARED_DIRCACHE ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis_cachemgr(1M), syslogd(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Error messages are sent to the syslogd(1M) daemon. NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 13 Dec 2001 nisshowcache(1M)