Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: variable in dos batch file
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions variable in dos batch file Post 302214386 by KenJackson on Sunday 13th of July 2008 07:33:38 PM
Old 07-13-2008
What is the current drive and directory when the application starts?
Is it started from a shortcut that changes the starting path?
Does the COBOL application change the current path?

The DOS command COPY b:\%1 ZONE%2\v@2 is copying to a subdirectory in the current directory of the current drive. It sounds like that directory is what's missing.

Last edited by KenJackson; 07-13-2008 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell script to Dos batch files

Hi friends! I am having some simple shell script files to build postgresql database and all. Now i want to convert those scripts to dos batch scripts(to run on windows XP/2000/NT) because there is no need of unix emulation for latest release of postgresql. Please somebody help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinkna
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dos batch script

Please dont post duplicate threads :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorcan
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dos batch script

We need to write a dos batch script that does following in order numbered below: Connect to all UNIX boxes using IP,userid and password from a file. validate if login was successful check if there is at least 30mb disk space in the home folder of the user Check if there are any processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraachii
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS batch file to capture routers log

Hi, Please help to write DOS /Perl script to capture router AAA logs to store in file. RADIUS: id 1, priority 1, host 59.163.6.103, auth-port 1901, acct-port 1902 State: current UP, duration 1928071s, previous duration 0s Dead: total time 2798488914s, count 0 Authen:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilanna
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Can DOS close an open file?

I'm trying to setup a cron job for my brother that goes out to the web and retrieves an excel file and overwrites the existing copy on his desktop. The problem I'm facing is I have to kill the process (excel.exe) if the file is open while the batch file runs, otherwise, it will create another copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quattro20v
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete last character in dos file

Hi, I am creating a file using an unix script and then converting it to dos format. After conversion a ^Z character is added at the end of file. I want remove this last ^Z character. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? Thanks a lot. Sunil (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HowTo translate KSH Scripts to DOS Batch Files ?

Hi there, in near future I have to change my work surrounding from HP UNIX to Windows Vista (great to get rid of old hardware :), but bad to loose UNIX :( ). As I heavily use KSH scripts to do my job, I was wondering, if there is any HowTo available, supporting me in re-writing the scripts to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe-K7
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell, Dos batch

Is the unix shell script equivalent to dos batch command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting DOS Batch file to Shell Script

Hi, This is my DOS Batch file. @echo off echo "Program Name :" %0 rem echo "Next param :" %1 echo "Next param :" "Username/Password" echo "User Id :" %2 echo "User Name :" %3 echo "Request ID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies
chdir(2)							System Calls Manual							  chdir(2)

NAME
chdir, fchdir - change working directory SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and cause a directory pointed to by path or fildes to become the current working directory, the starting point for path searches of path names not beginning with path points to the path name of a directory. fildes is an open file descriptor of a directory. For a directory to become the current working directory, a process must have execute (search) access to the directory. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails and the current working directory remains unchanged if one or more of the following are true: A component of the path name is not a directory. The named directory does not exist. Search permission is denied for any component of the path name. path points outside the allocated address space of the process. The reliable detection of this error is implemen- tation dependent. path is null. The length of the specified path name exceeds bytes, or the length of a component of the path name exceeds bytes while is in effect. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the path name. fails and the current working directory remains unchanged if one or more of the following are true: Search permission is denied for fildes. fildes is not an open file descriptor. The open file descriptor fildes does not refer to a directory. AUTHOR
and were developed by AT&T Bell Laboratories and HP. SEE ALSO
cd(1), chroot(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
chdir(2)