Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle hot backup script issue Post 302214269 by dwiravi on Sunday 13th of July 2008 12:27:01 AM
Old 07-13-2008
Thanks a lot Jim,
But what modifications should I do so that while copying and zipping od 2nd dbf file ,script should not run the below command again.

alter tablespace SYSTEM begin backup;

Here the script when runs, it creates a spool file which is run immediately to take hot backup.
I hope you understood my proble.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with oracle backup script

I have written a script to perfrom a cold backup on an oracle database. The script is failing everytime. Can anyone tell me what (stupid) error I am making. The output from the uname command follows Linux rayora 2.2.14-6.1.1smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 19:55:55 EDT 2000 i686 unknown The error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script on Oracle hot backup got an error

Hi Unix Shell Script Expert, We have a robust shell script (from old time) for our 9i database hot backup but generated error: Shell Script Content: #check for auto log mode and redirect as early as possible # autolog_enable $AUTOLOG_MODE $ORACLE_BASE/${ORASID_LOW}log/cron_hotbackup.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

3. Programming

Host command NOT getting executed in Hot backup script.

Hi All, i have problem in the following Sql Script. problem is : HOST (!) command is not getting executed.pls de-bugg this HoTBackup Script...... Most urgent...! Thank You very Much !! SQL> set serveroutput on SQL> set trimspool on SQL> set line 500 SQL> set head off SQL> set feed off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed in Oracle DB backup script.

I have a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh database=$(echo $@ | sed 's/.*-S \(*\).*/\1/') instance=$(grep "$database" /var/opt/oracle/oratab | awk -F : '{print $1}') command=$(echo $@ | sed 's/"$database"/"$instance"/') echo $command when I tried to execute the script like this ... ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

hot-add disk in oracle enterprise linux 5.5

Hi all, I have an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 server which is a virtual guest on a vSphere host. I have provisioned 500GB disk space from SAN. I then migrated the VM from a 200GB disk onto the new 500GB disk. I then increased the disk space allocated to the VMware to the maximum size of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

Can we restore omni oracle db backup

We have omni backup of oracle database about 40Gb, tablespaces are distributed over 2 partitions . But because of some reason both partition are not available more . Now we are in need to restore the entire data on new partitions .Can any guru's confirm if tried so earlier will this going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold backup oracle and Restore to new db

Hello All, I am very new to Linux i have assignment to take offline backup in linux and restore it to new database oracle 10g? Help me out any script of it and steps i will be very thankful Regards, Sameer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer_123
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter issue in oracle shell script

Hi All, I am new to this code and shell scripting. I have code like below CREQID=`echo $* | awk '{gsub(/"/, ""); print$9}'` REQID=$3 echo CREQID=$CREQID I have another parameter added to the report/program(interchanged) 1st one is now, order_no, 2nd one is CREQID. Now if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mist123
2 Replies
CTL_CYRUSDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    CTL_CYRUSDB(8)

NAME
ctl_cyrusdb - perform operations common to all Cyrus databases SYNOPSIS
ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -r [ -x ] ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -c DESCRIPTION
Ctl_cyrusdb is used to perform various administrative operations on the Cyrus databases. Ctl_cyrusdb reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. The configdirectory option is used to determine the default location of the Cyrus databases. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -r Recover the databases after an application or system failure. Also performs database cleanup like removing mailbox reservations (and any associated mailbox files). All mailbox files are also checked to make sure the file format matches the configured database type in imapd.conf. If not, the file is automatically converted using the same logic as cvt_cyrusdb. -x Used with -r to recover the database only. (Prevents database cleanup). -c Checkpoint and archive the databases. Changes to the database which are part of committed transactions are written to disk. Also, a hot backup of the databases is made and inactive log files are removed. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), cyrmaster(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CTL_CYRUSDB(8)