Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script Help Post 302214257 by crystal_pup on Saturday 12th of July 2008 09:57:57 PM
Old 07-12-2008
I believe this command is not properly formatted -->
file_name=`cat standardfilecleanup.lst|awk -F: {'print ${var_value}`

Try this :

file_name=`cat standardfilecleanup.lst | awk -F ":" 'print ${var_value}' `

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
Log::Any::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Log::Any::Test(3pm)

NAME
Log::Any::Test -- Test what you're logging with Log::Any SYNOPSIS
use Test::More; use Log::Any::Test; # should appear before 'use Log::Any'! use Log::Any qw($log); # ... # call something that logs using Log::Any # ... # now test to make sure you logged the right things $log->contains_ok(qr/good log message/, "good message was logged"); $log->does_not_contain_ok(qr/unexpected log message/, "unexpected message was not logged"); $log->empty_ok("no more logs"); # or my $msgs = $log->msgs; cmp_deeply($msgs, [{message => 'msg1', level => 'debug'}, ...]); DESCRIPTION
"Log::Any::Test" is a simple module that allows you to test what has been logged with Log::Any. Most of its API and implementation have been taken from Log::Any::Dispatch. Using "Log::Any::Test" sends all subsequent Log::Any log messages to a single global in-memory buffer. It should be used before Log::Any. METHODS
The test_name is optional in the *_ok methods; a reasonable default will be provided. msgs () Returns the current contents of the global log buffer as an array reference, where each element is a hash containing a category, level, and message key. e.g. { category => 'Foo', level => 'error', message => 'this is an error' }, { category => 'Bar::Baz', level => 'debug', message => 'this is a debug' } contains_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that a message in the log buffer matches $regex. On success, the message is removed from the log buffer (but any other matches are left untouched). does_not_contain_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that no message in the log buffer matches $regex. empty_ok ([$test_name]) Tests that there is no log buffer left. On failure, the log buffer is cleared to limit further cascading failures. contains_only_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that there is a single message in the log buffer and it matches $regex. On success, the message is removed. clear () Clears the log buffer. SEE ALSO
Log::Any, Test::Log::Dispatch AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (C) 2009 Jonathan Swartz, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-08 Log::Any::Test(3pm)