Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux devfsadm equivalent(sol) command in linux os Post 302213914 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 11th of July 2008 10:32:47 AM
Old 07-11-2008
for this is a linux question the thread is moved to the linux forum...

for your question have a look here:
Rosetta Stone for Unix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent Suse Linux command

hi, In solaris, psrinfo gives number of cpu in use/online and so on. What is the equivalent command for "psrinfo" in Suse Linux ? Thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

3. Solaris

T2000 - devfsadm problem

Hi everyone, I am having a problem when running devfsadm. We have many T2000, but on one of them, that is connected to our SAN, devfsadm reports no new disks. If a reconfiguration reboot is done, the system reports the new disk. But only with a reboot. We have Solaris10 installed and Veritas... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfotop
13 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris equivalent to the linux screen command

hi there is there a solaris equivalent to the linux screen command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux equivalent for...

I moved to a Linux system from Windows a few months ago. Most of the programs I had been using were already native to Linux (Firefox, the GIMP, Pari, etc.) and most others I found a close enough program (Crimson Editor -> gedit, Visual Studio -> KDevelop, Primo -> Morain's ECPP). Now I'm down... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

luupgrade: Sol 8 -> Sol 10 u7 (5/09)

Greetings Forumers! I ran into an issue after running luupgrade on v880 running Solaris 8. I want to upgrade to Solaris 10. When I rebooted the system I noticed the file systems listed as such: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX and HP-UX equivalent of Linux stat command

To list file permission/access right in octal format, linux has a command 'stat'. For example, we can use the followin - stat -c %a `find . -type f Is there any equivalent command in AIX and HP-UX to give the same result as linux 'stat' command? Please advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pfiles command equivalent in Linux

May i know what is the equivalent tool in linux for pflies in solaris. ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Banner command equivalent in Linux

Hi guys can i get banner equivalent command in linux. I am using Linux xcclx0619.target.com 2.6.18-308.11.1.el5xen #1 SMP Fri Jun 15 16:19:17 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
1 Replies
WALL(1) 							   User Commands							   WALL(1)

NAME
wall -- write a message to users SYNOPSIS
wall [-n] [-t TIMEOUT] [file] DESCRIPTION
Wall displays the contents of file or, by default, its standard input, on the terminals of all currently logged in users. The command will cut over 79 character long lines to new lines. Short lines are white space padded to have 79 characters. The command will always put carriage return and new line at the end of each line. Only the super-user can write on the terminals of users who have chosen to deny messages or are using a program which automatically denies messages. Reading from a file is refused when the invoker is not superuser and the program is suid or sgid. OPTIONS
-n, --nobanner Supress banner -t, --timeout TIMEOUT Write timeout to terminals in seconds. Argument must be positive integer. Default value is 300 seconds, which is a legacy from time when people ran terminals over modem lines. -V, --version Output version and exit. -h, --help Output help and exit. SEE ALSO
mesg(1), talk(1), write(1), shutdown(8) HISTORY
A wall command appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The wall command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux April 2011 util-linux