Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i increment characters in unix.. ? Post 302213856 by aju_kup on Friday 11th of July 2008 07:02:31 AM
Old 07-11-2008
try for loop

example u can get by googling

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix -> pc (get rid of the funy characters)

I man a command and save it in a file. ftp to pc. but when i displayed it. it has some repeat and funny characters. how can i get rid of it? eg. $ man ls > lsman then use ftp transfer the file from unix to pc. open file laman. it has some thing like NNNNAAAAMMMMEEEE repeat letters... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required for Kanji characters in UNIX

Hi, I have a flat file containing Japanese(Kanji) characters.When I open it in my desktop it still shows up in Kanji characters. However when I FTP the file to Unix server , the kanji characters are lost and they turn into Junk characters. Can anyone suggest ways in how I can retain the Kanji... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papiya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extended characters in UNIX

Hi Guys, I am using db2 load to load from a csv file to a table. Problem is that extended characters ™,®,é,º do not get loaded correctly. Its a UTF 8 format csv and i am using codepage=1208 for the load. Does anybody have an idea on this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifzgud
2 Replies

4. Linux

string characters in UNIX

I need some help. when i use the following command, it deletes all lines containing WINNT& v2010 and WINNT& v2010.2 I just want it to delete lines containing WINNT & v2010 only. perl -n -i.bak -e 'print unless /WINNT/&&/v2010/' *.* Danish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdanish110
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To bring all characters in one line in unix

How to bring all characters in one line in unix/solaris ? Eg : If it is a b c then it should show abc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahen1naik
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increment operators in unix

increment operators in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratima.kumari
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a variable in unix bash

Hello There, I have been trying to increment the value of variable to 1, 2, 3 etc. but, it displays 1 1+1 1+1+1 ..... :wall: Could anyone help out with this? for i in *.* do s=`expr $s+1` echo $s j=$i$j mv $i $j done Any help is appreciated? (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrutha0303
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Special Characters

Any time I do : ls *.txt > mytext.txt I get something like this in the output file: ^ Tue Jan 22 16:19:19 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux t1Fam_BrOv :~>alias | grep ls alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias lR='ls -R' alias la='ls -Al' alias lc='ls -ltcr' alias ldd='ls -ltr |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String increment in UNIX

Hi, I am able to increment numbers but unable to increment the charters in unix -AIX. Source : AAA BB CCC Increment Number : 5 OUTPUT: AAA BB CCC AAA BB CCD AAA BB CCE AAA BB CCF AAA BB CCG Thanks onesuri Please use CODE tags as required by the forum rules. I have made a wild... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control characters in UNIX

Hi, My files are showing some control characters in vi editor ^M ^@ and somtimes ^H I removed ^M with %s/^M//g command but how to represent ^@ and ^H e.g. for ^M it is hold ctrl then v and m.. Please help.. I am very new to unix.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhat.diwaker
7 Replies
continue(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						    continue(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
continue - Skip to the next iteration of a loop SYNOPSIS
continue _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is typically invoked inside the body of a looping command such as for or foreach or while. It returns a TCL_CONTINUE code, which causes a continue exception to occur. The exception causes the current script to be aborted out to the innermost containing loop command, which then continues with the next iteration of the loop. Catch exceptions are also handled in a few other situations, such as the catch command and the outermost scripts of procedure bodies. EXAMPLE
Print a line for each of the integers from 0 to 10 except 5: for {set x 0} {$x<10} {incr x} { if {$x == 5} { continue } puts "x is $x" } SEE ALSO
break(3tcl), for(3tcl), foreach(3tcl), return(3tcl), while(3tcl) KEYWORDS
continue, iteration, loop Tcl continue(3tcl)