Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development wiki -- heard about them, tell me more Post 302213853 by joeyg on Friday 11th of July 2008 06:58:49 AM
Old 07-11-2008
Computer wiki -- heard about them, tell me more

I have heard about companies setting up wiki sites to allow for user grops to workshare information via the web. When I said something about this to someone, was told it was a lot of work to setup. Anyone care to comment on what is truly needed? The materials needed, effort required, whether it was worth it,...
Figure I need a pc with a network card, and a decent hard drive. Connect the pc onto my network (thus seeing the internet). Then load some software onto the pc/server to manage the wiki content. Voila... a wiki server to collaborate on projects.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anybody heard of the script that allows

Does anybody knows of the script that allows your unix GUI to look like windows GUI? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gueso
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wiki on AIX

Hi I am wanting to download and install Wiki Software on an AIX server and have no idea which one or where to start ; preferably Open Source - anyone any ideas? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carole_76
1 Replies

3. AIX

Wiki on AIX

Hi I am wanting to download and install Wiki Software on an AIX server and have no idea which one or where to start ; preferably Open Source - anyone any ideas? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carole_76
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Wiki on Solaris

Hi, i want to install wiki on solaris, to make my own wikipedia inside my company. I'm using Solaris 10. Can someone help me with this, give me some directions, what do i have to install, some step by step guide. thanks in advance :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n00b
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wiki

Please i am trying to create an intranet wiki in my work place but i have no idea what to do, please if you can guide me on how to go about it i will really appreciate it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bensen
1 Replies
ikiwiki-transition(1)					      General Commands Manual					     ikiwiki-transition(1)

NAME
ikiwiki-transition - transition ikiwiki pages to new syntaxes, etc SYNOPSIS
ikiwiki-transition type ... DESCRIPTION
ikiwiki-transition aids in converting wiki pages when there's a major change in ikiwiki syntax. It also handles other transitions not involving wiki pages. prefix_directives your.setup The prefix_directives mode converts all pages from the old preprocessor directive syntax, requiring a space, to the new syntax, prefixed by '!'. Preprocessor directives which already use the new syntax will remain unchanged. Note that if a page contains wiki links with spaces, which some older versions of ikiwiki accepted, the prefix_directives transition will treat these as preprocessor directives and convert them. setupformat your.setup The setupformat mode converts a setup file from using a single wrappers block to using cgi_wrapper, git_wrapper, etc. Note that all comments and any unusual stuff like perl code in the setup file will be lost, as it is entirely rewritten by the transition. aggregateinternal your.setup The aggregateinternal mode moves pages aggregated by the aggregate plugin so that the aggregateinternal option can be enabled. moveprefs your.setup Moves values that used to be admin preferences into the setup file. Note that all comments and any unusual stuff like perl code in the setup file will be lost, as it is entirely rewritten by the move. indexdb your.setup|srcdir The indexdb mode handles converting a plain text .ikiwiki/index file to a binary .ikiwiki/indexdb. You do not normally need to run iki- wiki-transition indexdb; ikiwiki will automatically run it as necessary. hashpassword your.setup|srcdir The hashpassword mode forces any plaintext passwords stored in the .ikiwiki/userdb file to be replaced with password hashes. (The Authen::Passphrase perl module is needed to do this.) If this is not done explicitly, a user's plaintext password will be automatically converted to a hash when a user logs in for the first time after upgrade to ikiwiki 2.48. deduplinks your.setup In the past, bugs in ikiwiki have allowed duplicate link information to be stored in its indexdb. This mode removes such duplicate informa- tion, which may speed up wikis afflicted by it. Note that rebuilding the wiki will have the same effect. AUTHOR
Josh Triplett <josh@freedesktop.org>, Joey Hess <joey@ikiwiki.info> ikiwiki-transition(1)