Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Operators
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Operators Post 302213624 by llsmr777 on Thursday 10th of July 2008 03:44:21 PM
Old 07-10-2008
Operators

I am trying to understand

Does the following:
{tmp+=$10}

Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp

thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arithmetic Operators

Hello, I have a list of 'inputs' and i want to convert those on the second list named 'Desired Outputs', but i don't know how to do it? Inputs Desired Outputs 1 2 94 4 276 8 369 10 464 12 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filda
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

And and OR Operators with If Statement.

Hi All, I have 2 variables. Result1 and Result2. I want to put a condition that if Both are True then echo "All True" Else Show Error. Right now i am doing this and getting error. if ; then echo "All True" else echo "Failed" fi; Error. line 8: ' Solution: Looking for (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Miscellaneous operators

Hi everyone, I read some shell script code,then I have some issue. the following code. let "t1 = ((5 + 3, 7 - 1, 15 - 4))" echo "t1 = $t1" t1=11 Here t1 is set to the result of the last operation.why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luoluo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operators

Hi Lets say I have two arrays: VAR_1 = "File_A" "File_B" "File_C" "File_D" VAR_2 = "File_A" "File_D" Is there a simple command to get the difference of these list, i.e. VAR_1_2 = "File_B" "File_C" or do I have to write a script and loop through all elements and compare them one by one? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wernfried
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

operators in if loop

Hi all, I have a variable which is having the value like below, $ echo ${p} 8 15 22 30 $ My requirement is that the variable should return true when it contains only one number like below, $ echo ${p} 15 $ Otherwise, it should return false if it contains more than one number. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

8. Programming

Combining Operators

Hey everyone, I'm really getting into learning C, but as I look at more advanced example code, I see things like if (!*variable1) blah blah blah... and variable2 ^= *(variable1++); my question is, when you have a combination of two operators, like !*. The ! means 'not' and the *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash -o -v -R operators

I do not know the use of the -o -v -R operators. This is what the info says and I am confused of what optname and varname mean, are they just normal variable? -o optname True if the shell option optname is enabled. See the list of options under the ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
rmvb(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  rmvb(9F)

NAME
rmvb - remove a message block from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *rmvb(mblk_t *mp, mblk_t *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Message from which a block is to be removed. mblk_t is an instance of the msgb(9S) structure. bp Message block to be removed. DESCRIPTION
The rmvb() function removes a message block (bp) from a message (mp), and returns a pointer to the altered message. The message block is not freed, merely removed from the message. It is the module or driver's responsibility to free the message block. RETURN VALUES
If successful, a pointer to the message (minus the removed block) is returned. The pointer is NULL if bp was the only block of the message before rmvb() was called. If the designated message block (bp) does not exist, -1 is returned. CONTEXT
The rmvb() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. EXAMPLES
This routine removes all zero-length M_DATA message blocks from the given message. For each message block in the message, save the next message block (line 10). If the current message block is of type M_DATA and has no data in its buffer (line 11), then remove it from the message (line 12) and free it (line 13). In either case, continue with the next message block in the message (line 16). 1 void 2 xxclean(mp) 3 mblk_t *mp; 4 { 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 mblk_t *nmp; 7 8 tmp = mp; 9 while (tmp) { 10 nmp = tmp->b_cont; 11 if ((tmp->b_datap->db_type == M_DATA) && (tmp->b_rptr == tmp->b_wptr)) { 12 (void) rmvb(mp, tmp); 13 freeb(tmp); 14 } 15 tmp = nmp; 16 } 17 } SEE ALSO
freeb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 rmvb(9F)