Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hi friends....
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting hi friends.... Post 302213594 by newson on Thursday 10th of July 2008 01:50:43 PM
Old 07-10-2008
hi friends....

hi friend i am facing problem in taking input from a file to the variable ..

read fname
if [ -d $fname ]
then
cd $fname
pwd
ls > new_temp1
cat new_temp1
fi

terminal=`tty`
exec < $new_temp1
while read line
do
echo $line
done
exec < $terminal

my code is this but this code is unable to getting input from new_temp1
suggest me how can i get the output from the new_test1 file

t: line 16: $new_temp1: ambiguous redirect getting this error..
thanks in advance....

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

hi friends

i have been in trouble please help me out i have developed a message queue.it is a simple message queue program after running it give error like NO SPACE LEFT ON DEVICE what is this error how could i solve this problem i am working on solaris9.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hello friends

:confused: i'am new to this unix environment.can any one give guidence in how to c programs for inter communication process (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaffiullabaig
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi friends..........

hello friends ........ i want to visit the directory recusvely through and shell script . and want to get the output of " stat " command for each file .i tried by this way but unable to visit the each file . #!/bin/bash echo "enter the file name" read file fun() ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newson
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Time to have FUN my Unix/Linux friends...(One liners)...MUST read.. !!

As a mind refresher, I was thinking to start a new thread for ONE LINERS....funny/weird or any technical one liners.... Let me start first...... ================================= #!/bin/ssh #The Unix Guru's View of Sex unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

You Want to Spend Time with Friends and Family a UNIX.com Cartoon Explainer

Well, this was kinda fun and different: You Want to Spend Time with Friends and Family a UNIX.com Cartoon Explainer https://youtu.be/6jPDpuxI2OA You want to spend time with friends and family. But you are stuck on some problem... Your Linux or Unix code is buggy and you don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
YAZ-URL(1)							     Commands								YAZ-URL(1)

NAME
yaz-url - YAZ URL fetch utility SYNOPSIS
yaz-url [-H name:value] [-m method] [-O fname] [-p fname] [-u user/password] [-x proxy] [url...] DESCRIPTION
yaz-url is utility to get web content. It is very limited in functionality compared to programs such as curl, wget. The options must be precede the URL given on the command line to take effect. Fetched HTTP content is written to stdout, unless option -O is given. OPTIONS
-H name:value Specifies HTTP header content with name and value. This option can be given multiple times (for different names, of course). -m method Specifies the HTTP method to be used for the next URL. Default is method "GET". However, option -p sets it to "POST". -O fname Sets output filename for HTTP content. -p fname Sets a file to be POSTed in the folloing URL. -u user/password Specifies a user and a password to be uesd in HTTP basic authentication in the following URL fetch. The user and password must be separated by a slash (this it is not possible to specify a user with a slash in it). -x proxy Specifies a proxy to be used for URL fetch. SEE ALSO
yaz(7) YAZ 4.2.30 04/16/2012 YAZ-URL(1)