Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scheduled job
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Scheduled job Post 302213544 by blackeyed on Thursday 10th of July 2008 11:06:48 AM
Old 07-10-2008
Scheduled job

I have a lot of jobs scheduled using at command.
at -l gives only the job names and time ... how do i know which script is associated with which jobid.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AT job scheduled exactly 2 hours late

This occurs on an i386 box running Unix System V/386 Release 4.2 Ver 1.1.2. I have an 'at' scheduling anomaly whose behavior I am trying to understand. On one particular system, when an 'at' job is submitted, the time the job is actually scheduled to run is exactly 2 hours later than what the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bohunk24
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem when the script is scheduled to run as cron job

Hello, I have problem in executing a shell script. When the shell script is executed at the shell prompt the script works successfully but when the same script is run as a cron job it fails to execute the files called within the shell script. I have scheduled the job in my crontab file as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp script scheduled in autosys

I am trying to schedule FTP script through autosys.The scripts works perfectly fine in unix environment.All the run time parameters are evaluated in the profile.Both are unix servers. But the strange thing is that the script is not getting executed through autosys and it returns success and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

max os x .plist not running as scheduled?

Hello all, I am admittedly a newbie and have created a plist designed to fire off a shell script everyday at 3:00pm. It is located in /Library/LaunchDaemons/. I use it to mirror a hard local drive with a remote one. It worked one time but not again after that. I never restart the machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Movomito
0 Replies

6. Programming

Oracle Scheduled job not running as per schedule.

Hi, Though this is a unix forum mainly, am posting this oracle query here hoping to get a resolution. I have set up two scheduled jobs in oracle 11g for executiong a procedure in specific time intervals. One as Hourly and other as minutely. But the scheduled jobs are not running as per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

run unix script as scheduled job

Hi, I want my unix script to run as a scheduled job such that the script is invoked once every 15 minutes. Is there any way to achieve this other than running the script as a cron job? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduled job not running automatically in crontab

i have a job scheduled in crontab. The problem is, it is not running automatically as per the time scheduled. But runs when executed manually. What would be the problem? Help me with this please. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santhosh CJ
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron job scheduled is running once, but reports are generating twice

Team, Hope you all are doing fine I have one admin server which is being used dedicately to run cron jobs on hourly basis, fetching the details from Database which is in a different server.These cronjob are run on every hourly/5 minutes basis depending as per end user requirement.The script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
12 Replies
pbs(1B) 								PBS								   pbs(1B)

NAME
pbs - general information on pbs DESCRIPTION
PBS stands for Portable Batch System. It is a networked subsystem for submitting, monitoring, and controlling a work load of batch jobs on one or more systems. More information about PBS is available in the PBS Users Guide. Batch means that the job will be scheduled for execution at a time chosen by the subsystem according to a defined policy and the availabil- ity of resources. For a normal batch job, the standard output and standard error of the job will be returned to files available to the user when the job is complete. This differs from an interactive session where commands are executed when entered via the terminal and output is returned directly to the terminal. PBS also supports an interactive batch mode where the input and output is connected to the user's terminal, but the scheduling of the job is still under control of the batch system. A job is typically a shell script and a set of attributes which provide resource and control information about the job. A job does not have to be submitted on the system where it will run, tt can be submitted on any system with the PBS commands and access to the execution system, see qsub(1B). Output will be returned to the system from which the job was submitted unless directed otherwise. Attributes offer control over when a job is eligible to be run, what happens to the output when it is completed and how the user is noti- fied when it completes. The attributes of the job may be specified on the command line or in the job script when the job is submitted. For information about job attributes, see qsub(1B) and pbs_job_attributes(7B). One important attribute is the resource list. The list specifies the amount and type of resources needed by the job in order to execute. The list also implies a hard upper limit on usage of those resources. When the limit is reached, the job is terminated. The types of resources available to a job vary with the system architecture. For a list of resources supported on the default system, see pbs_resources(7B). There are man pages for other systems types as well, see pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_fujitsu(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B), pbs_resources_solaris5(7B), pbs_resources_sp2(7B), pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), or pbs_resources_unicos8(7B). Once a job has been submitted, it may be monitored by use of the qstat(1B) command. Two forms of output are available with the qstat com- mand. The default form is the short display. Information about a job is limited to a single line. Complete information about the job or jobs is available through qstat with the -f option. Information will be given about all jobs in the system, all jobs in specified queues, or only specified jobs. When displaying status of jobs, you will see in which queue the job resides. In PBS a queue is just a collection point for jobs, it does not imply any execution ordering. That ordering is determined by a scheduling policy implemented by the system administration. Other commands of interest which have man pages of their own are: qalter Alter a job's attributes. qdel Delete a job. qhold Place a hold on a job to keep it from being scheduled for running. qmove Move a job to a different queue or server. qmsg Append a message to the output of an executing job. qrerun Terminate an executing job and return it to a queue. qrls Remove a hold from a job. qselect Obtain a list of jobs that met certain criteria. qsig Send a signal to an executing job. SEE ALSO
qalter(1B), qdel(1B), qhold(1B), qmove(1B), qmsg(1B), qrerun(1B), qrls(1B), qselect(1B), qsig(1B), qsub(1B) and the PBS User Guide. Start- ing with qsub(1B), you can find all other available PBS man pages by following references in the "See Also" section. Local pbs(1B)