Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers downloading a package to my server Post 302213521 by elduderino on Thursday 10th of July 2008 09:31:48 AM
Old 07-10-2008
downloading a package to my server

Hi,

I want to download and run imageMagik on my remote server. So i know some unix and can move around unix filesystem so i'm sure i can do it but how do i actually download the package to the remote machine.....i need to point it to the url somehow and say download it..then i know how to unpack and install it anyways

It's a dedicated machine so i should have the priviledges to do this right?

Thanks Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. Solaris

downloading gcc package manually

hello everyone can anyone tell me how do download gcc package for opensolaris manually? i am behind a firewall and it's not letting me download gcc package from the package manager thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: holla4ni
3 Replies

3. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

4. AIX

Server package information + more?

Hi, I am trying to get out as much package information as possible from an AIX 5.3 server. So far I have run the following command # lslpp -Lac > ./ The c is for future formatting. The package name and description are helpful - but is there any other package information I can get -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithhadl
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Junk character appearing after downloading the file from windows server

Hello, Im downloading the file from windows server through FTP, the downloaded file is containing some junk character at very start of the file as below and causing my whole script is to fail, how to download without junk or how to remove these before processing it? ▒▒"nmdbfnmdsfsdf" ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
19 Replies
GST-PACKAGE(1)							   User Commands						    GST-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
gst-package - create and install GNU Smalltalk .star package files DESCRIPTION
Usage: gst-package [OPTION]... ARGS... Operation modes: --install make or install STAR packages (default) --uninstall remove the packages mentioned in the FILES --dist copy files instead of creating STAR files. --prepare create configure.ac or Makefile.am --list-files PKG just output the list of files in the package --list-packages just output the list of packages in the files --download, --update download package from smalltalk.gnu.org or from its specified URL --help display this message and exit --version print version information and exit Common suboptions: -n, --dry-run print commands without running them --srcdir DIR look for non-built files in directory DIR --distdir DIR for --dist, place files in directory DIR --destdir DIR prefix the destination directory with DIR --target-directory DIR install the files in DIR (unused for --dist) -I, --image-file=FILE load into the specified image --kernel-dir=PATH use the specified kernel directory -v, --verbose print extra information while processing --install suboptions: --test run unit tests after merging --load also load the Smalltalk files in the image --list-files suboptions: --load only list files that are filed in when loading --test with --load, also include unit test files --vpath Omit path to srcdir for files that are there --dist suboptions: --all-files Process all files, not just non-built ones --copy Do not create symbolic links All operation modes except --download (or its synonym --update) accept paths to package.xml files or .star files, including remote URLs. --download and --update accept names of packages, which will be searched in the current system or on smalltalk.gnu.org) or URLs to pack- age.xml or .star files. Except in uninstall and list files mode, gst-package requires write access to the GNU Smalltalk image directory, and merges the XML package files on the command line with that file. The default target directory is /build/buildd-gnu-smalltalk_3.2.4-2-amd64-LVoFQd/gnu-smalltalk-3.2.4 SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gst-package is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gst-package programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gst should give you access to the complete manual. gst-package version 3.2.4 December 2011 GST-PACKAGE(1)