Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with automated FTP script Post 302213471 by leimrod on Thursday 10th of July 2008 07:06:00 AM
Old 07-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Try something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

Y=`date "+%Y"`
m=`date "+%m"`
d=`date "+%d"`

cd /location/of/DB/backup

ftp -i -n <<EOF
open "hostname"
user "user" "passwd"
mkdir "$Y"/"$m"/"$d"
cd "$Y"/"$m"/"$d"
put test.txt
quit
EOF

Regards
Kudos! That works perfectly Smilie Much appreciated, you've made this Irishman very happy, I have one less job today, lol Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP automated?

If I wanted a machine to put a specific file onto another OS far across the internet via FTP - and I wanted to do it automatically not user intervented, how would I do that? Use the PUT command? The file name and position never changes, it gets overwritten and the system on the other end... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: n9ninchd
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated ftp script from unix -date range of files

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

3. Programming

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP

Hello,I just know the basics of scripting & I need a script to automate ftp since I use it quite often. I use ftp to transfer different kind of files and everytime the source & the destination directories are different for transferring files, so can anyone help me out on this urgently.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_02mar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script to look for files in FTP Server location.

suppose one file comes in one sever location on MOnday.we have to write a script to automatically get that files and put it in different server location. ---------- Post updated at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ---------- Please help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP without plaintext user/password in script

hi , i am a still beginner in unix and specially in ftp i've written this script but my admin asked me that he don't want to see in my ftp neither user neither password , so i've created .netrc file where in it i've put machine name , user and pass but still included in my script , so if someone... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help needed to manage FTP automation

Hi, I am very new in shell scripting. Have managed to prepare a script which will work to download data to local directory. But facing below problem. :wall: Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Problem: 1. I am unable to use delete command to delete data in the ftp location (I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImranBD
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies
DATETIME.SETDATE(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETDATE(3)

DateTime::setDate - Sets the date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setDate (int $year, int $month, int $day) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_date_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $month, int $day) Resets the current date of the DateTime object to a different date. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $month - Month of the date. o $day - Day of the date. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setDate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_date_set($date, 2001, 2, 3); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2001-02-03 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 28); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 2, 29); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 14, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-02-28 2001-03-01 2002-02-03 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setISODate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETDATE(3)