Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quickcam In Debian/testing
Operating Systems Linux Debian Quickcam In Debian/testing Post 302213322 by Texasone on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 07:45:46 PM
Old 07-09-2008
Quickcam In Debian/testing

I have a Logitech Quickcam for Notebook and I am trying to install it. When I do the "make" command I get this error:

user@host: /usr/src/modules/gspca$ make
make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/gspca CC=cc modules
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.24-1-686/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [default] Error 2

I am using the tutorial off of this websiteHow to configure webcam in Debian Linux -- Debian Admin
please help
Kyle

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

testing

what does one mean in the context of testing... UNIT TESTING & INITIAL LEVEL OF MENU TESTING (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

testing

what is the difference between white box and black box testing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: areef4u
1 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Testing (Is it Stable)

I am thinking about switching to Debian on my laptop and am wondering if Debian testing is stable. Thank you for taking the time to read my post! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crookedmaze
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ip up/down testing

#!/bin/bash ip=$1 if ; then echo "U must enter ip as argument: $0 " exit 1 fi testip=`echo $ip |grep -E "^((||1{2}|2|25)){3}(||1{2}|2|25)$"` if ; then echo "Wrong ip adress" exit 2 fi ping -c 2 $ip 2>&1 >/dev/null if ; then echo "$ip is UP" else echo "$ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aco4u
2 Replies

5. Debian

Need to upgrade Debian 7.8 to Debian 8.5 (Not 8.5)

Hello, I need to upgrade my Debian system 7.8 to 8.5 but by default via apt-get It moves to 8.6 version(latest stable version). I'm new to Debian so didn't figure out the solution. I've checked few suggestions over internet like editing apt source list file using snapshot archive. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
2 Replies
DH_PYSUPPORT(1) 						  python-support						   DH_PYSUPPORT(1)

NAME
dh_pysupport - use the python-support framework to handle Python modules SYNOPSIS
dh_pysupport [debhelper options] [-V X.Y] [-X item [...]] [-n] [module dirs ...] DESCRIPTION
dh_pysupport is a debhelper program that will scan your package, detect public modules in /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages, and move them to the shared Python modules location. It will generate appropriate postinst/prerm scripts to byte-compile modules installed there for all available python versions. It will also look for private Python modules and will byte-compile them with the current Python version. You may have to list the directories containing private Python modules. If a file named debian/pyversions exists, it is used to determine the python versions with which the package can work. Appropriate dependencies on python-support, python and pythonX.Y are put in ${python:Depends}. The ${python:Versions} and ${python:Provides} optional substitution variables are made available as well. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs private python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_pysupport check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. -d This option is deprecated. -V X.Y Force private modules to be bytecompiled with the specific X.Y python version, regardless of the default python version on the system. -X item, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain "item" anywhere in their filename from being taken into account to generate the python dependency. It also excludes them from byte-compilation. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. CONFORMS TO
Python policy as of 2006-08-10 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of python-support but is made to work with debhelper. AUTHORS
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> 1.0.15 2012-06-30 DH_PYSUPPORT(1)