Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Curious 'ls' Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Curious 'ls' Issue Post 302213268 by jhtrice on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 06:20:06 PM
Old 07-09-2008
What does stty -a show at both times?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just curious, does Unix stand for anything?

If not, where did the name come from? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Curious

Dear All I am curious to know, that in a system compromise, when someone has access to a box, does that individual have access to a shell on the system, i.e. the person is logging into the system using telnet or SSH to remotely access the box?? How does this individual/ hacker access the system. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Curious Dummy

I have a website but I do not for the life of me know how to upload using unix based command lines. Can someone send me a good site that has these commands. That and I am curious to know more about command line based interfacing. :D Curious Dummy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: highway39
1 Replies

4. Linux

Curious?

To correct most of the problems with this language, How do I remove the DOS and WORD stuff from it? These come from the fact that it was written on those with a Microsoft supplied platform at the writers request. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: River Freight
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

curious

sorry, just simple question: how can i do this in bash> foreach i( 1 2 3 ) sed 's/Hello/Howdy/g' test$i > test$i.new mv test$i.new test$i end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurosaki
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Curious MPxIO problem

Hello folks, I have a newly installed Solaris 10 system running on a T6320 blade. I have set up LDM with the intent to move an ldom from another blade to this one. So far, so good. I had the SAN folks make the LUNs belonging to the ldom visible to my new blade and I can see them, all 4 paths.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranck
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Curious about the -9

I was talking to a coworker and we got into a discussion about the -9. No one knew where the -9 came from and it's not in the man. I suggested that it was like counting to 10 (0-9) and you finally get to the point that that's it, the durned thing is going to die. So how did the -9 come to mean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pflickner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curious

I dont get something about sed If i have a text file inside contain a:a:a:a:a sed "s/"$title:$author:$price:$qtyAvailable:$qtySold"/"$Ntitle:$author:$price:$qtyAvailable:$qtySold"/" This work!! but If i have a text file inside contain Tom Tom:La La:Di Di :Do Do :De DE It cannot work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GQiang
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two curious questions

Hi, I have been thinking about a few things that I have no idea of how to do with a scripting language (awk/sed I know to make proper use of just these 2). 1. Is there a way to have persistent variables? Say a variable that will be held in memory, and which can be accessed by subsequent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)