Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kernel_task help
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) kernel_task help Post 302213206 by peter.story on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 12:48:18 PM
Old 07-09-2008
kernel_task help

I installed 10.5 (Leopard) on my G4 733 Mhz (after minor tampering with the install package, just switched a boolean FALSE to TRUE).

Everything works fine after startup, but once I sleep the computer and wake it back up, kernel_task starts using at as much CPU runtime as it can, as in past 90%.

Any ideas? I've tried a fresh install (wiped disk), but to no avail.

Thanks!
-Peter

edit: Problem solved. Turns out installing it from a another computer with target disk wasn't so good an idea as I'd thought.
After installing a DVD drive, things started going smooth again.

Last edited by peter.story; 07-11-2008 at 06:30 PM..

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

12-Core MacPro (2013) kernel_task over 1200%

Yesterday someone asked me to install TeamViewer and share my Mac screen with them while on a conference call. I shut down my Mac before sleeping and woke up to some major problem with my 12-core CPU in hyperdrive, and the system activity monitor showed my Mac kernel_task was at 1,200% and the... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
30 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)                                                                                                                  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)