Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with automated FTP script Post 302213190 by danmero on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 12:09:05 PM
Old 07-09-2008
Code:
test ! -d `date "+%Y/%m/%d"` && mkdir -p `date "+%Y/%m/%d"`
cd `date "+%Y/%m/%d"`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP automated?

If I wanted a machine to put a specific file onto another OS far across the internet via FTP - and I wanted to do it automatically not user intervented, how would I do that? Use the PUT command? The file name and position never changes, it gets overwritten and the system on the other end... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: n9ninchd
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated ftp script from unix -date range of files

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

3. Programming

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP

Hello,I just know the basics of scripting & I need a script to automate ftp since I use it quite often. I use ftp to transfer different kind of files and everytime the source & the destination directories are different for transferring files, so can anyone help me out on this urgently.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_02mar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script to look for files in FTP Server location.

suppose one file comes in one sever location on MOnday.we have to write a script to automatically get that files and put it in different server location. ---------- Post updated at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ---------- Please help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP without plaintext user/password in script

hi , i am a still beginner in unix and specially in ftp i've written this script but my admin asked me that he don't want to see in my ftp neither user neither password , so i've created .netrc file where in it i've put machine name , user and pass but still included in my script , so if someone... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help needed to manage FTP automation

Hi, I am very new in shell scripting. Have managed to prepare a script which will work to download data to local directory. But facing below problem. :wall: Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Problem: 1. I am unable to use delete command to delete data in the ftp location (I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImranBD
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies
PX_DATE2STRING(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PX_DATE2STRING(3)

NAME
PX_date2string -- Convert paradox date into formated string SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> char * PX_date2string(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, long date, const char *format) DESCRIPTION
Creates a string representation of a paradox date as specified in the parameter format. The date must be either retrieved with PX_get_data_long(3) after calling PX_get_record(3) or by simply using the long value in the pxval_t struct as returned by PX_retrieve_record(3). The function uses internally the PX_timestamp2string(3) function. The format string may contain all chars as docu- mented with PX_timestamp2string(3), though only those concerning the date will produce resonable results. RETURN VALUE
Returns pointer to string on success and NULL on failure. SEE ALSO
PX_timestamp2string(3), PX_time2string(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_DATE2STRING(3)