Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Egrep question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Egrep question Post 302213147 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 10:10:08 AM
Old 07-09-2008
You can try this with find:

Code:
find <directory>  -name '*.js' -o -name '*.html' -exec egrep <options> {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help

How can i make something like if (echo "$arg2" | egrep -s '^+\.+km/h+$|^+km/h+$'); then not to output the value of $arg2 on the screen, evertime i get match it outputs the value of the variable on the screen which i don't need to do. I know for grep its -q option but it doesn't work for egrep.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vozx
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question on egrep

Hi I am trying to use this command: egrep '^a{2,6}$' testexpr4D to retreive lines with 2,3,4,5, or 6 a's in a file . The file testexpr4D has entries like: a aa aaa aaaa aaaaa aaaaaa 123456 ABCDEF I was expecting to see 5 lines in the output but nothing happens. Can anyone help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitv
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep

Hi, I don't understand what is the correct way of writing: egrep -l '{$min,$max} $pattern' $filename I tryed to search on google how to wtrite {$min, $max}, but I don't have success (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep question

I want to egrep for certain fields which are not existing in the current log files and am getting errors for that... egrep "'^20090220.14'|'^20090220.15'|'^20090220.16'|'^20090220.17'|'^20090220.18'" Some of the times are in future and logs don't have those entries and I get errors for them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep count question

Hello all, I'm a first time poster and a unix/linux noob so please be understanding. I am trying this command below: # egrep -c "Oct".+"Connect: ppp" /var/log/messages* /var/log/messages:53 /var/log/messages.1:35 /var/log/messages.2:63 /var/log/messages.3:27 /var/log/messages.4:12 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morrowtech
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex question using egrep

Hi, i have a a bunch of directories that are always named with six lowercase alpha's and either one or two numeric's (but no more) so for example names could be qwerty1 qwerty9 qwerty10 qwerty67 I am currently using two pattern matches to capture these names echo $DIR |... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and egrep question

Its really 2 questions, but both are pretty basic. Linux Redhat 1. Need to do a search and replace on a file. I need to append '--' (comment out the line) to specific lines based on a wildcard search. So if I Have GRANT SOME_ROLE_OR_USER ... I dont care what comes after that.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lines of code in egrep question

Hi, I have a question, during my readings it appears that these two variables in the snippet below need to be on the same line to return a “true” answer and listed in the output otherwise it won’t be returned. How can I write this snippet to make it return a “true” if those two variables are on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
6 Replies
HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)				      General Commands Manual					 HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)

NAME
hal-find-by-capability - find device objects by capability matching SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability [options] DESCRIPTION
hal-get-capability finds device object in the HAL device database by looking at device capabilities. For more information about both the big picture and specific HAL properties, refer to the HAL spec which can be found in /usr/share/doc/hal-doc/spec/hal-spec.html depending on the distribution. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability The name of the capability. --verbose Verbose output. --help Print out usage. --version Print the version. RETURN VALUE
If devices matching the given capability are found each UDI (Unique Device Identifier) is printed on stdout and the program exits with exit code 0. If no devices are found or an error occured, the program exits with a non-zero exit code. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the HAL mailing list, see http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/hal on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
hald(8), lshal(1), hal-set-property(1), hal-get-property(1), hal-find-by-property(1), dbus-send(1) AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <david@fubar.dk> with a lot of help from many others. HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)