Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 login Screen not loading Post 302213022 by joerg on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 03:42:18 AM
Old 07-09-2008
You are able to connect via console/telnet ?

who -r # which runlevel
This is important to show us if the system starts the rc2.d scripts

/etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin # Is this script available? and startable?

Br
Joerg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login screen change

If I want to change a Solaris 8 login screen to add a Company name what do I need to do ? Current login prompt SunOS 5.8 login: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Pre-Login Screen Resolution

I'm trying to configure the resolution that the pre-login screen is set at, I have looked on the net and all I can find is people telling me to edit the 'm46config' file. I cant find this file anywhere in any directory. I'm running Solaris 10 - any ideas how I can alter the resolution? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dredz
1 Replies

3. AIX

I won't get the login screen

Hi to all, I am new to AIX.I faced some desktop problem from past few days. when i login to that machine, i won't get the login screen. Why it's happening lot of times, i don't know. I get only blank screen. Could any knows please help me. It's very urget to me. Thanks &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balarajum
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openwebmail custom login screen.

I'm running openwebmail on a centos 4.x machine. I want to make my own custom login screen. I would go to the openwebmail mailing list and ask but it seems to be down for the moment. Anyway anybody ever try this? I seen that there are template files and that the login screen is somehow created... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

5. AIX

Pre Login Screen

Is it possible to have the user press enter to acknowledge a message before typing in his or her login name and password? I need to add this functionality to the CDE login, ssh, and ibm 3151 console on AIX 5.3. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prichard
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Login Screen Not Loading

I (think I) successfully installed Solaris 10 5/09 on the IDE hard drive of my computer using the 5 installation CDs I downloaded from the Sun website. But now when I boot from the IDE hard drive I think it boots successfully but It asks me for the root password or Ctrl+D to abort. When I give it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Screen resolution before and after login

system: Fedora14 on vmware the login screen resolution is 1024*768, but after login the resolution is 800*600. I want to set the login screen resolution as 800*600 too. How to do this? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

OpenSuse Login Screen

I'm Not really sure if this is the best place to ask this question but logic tells me it is :P I'm Trying to change the login screen for OpenSuse the green Screen for something a little bit more of my liking, and I think the only way to do it perfect and right is through the command Line, do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Login Screen in Solaris 11

I have a requirement to add a warning banner to the Solaris 11 login screen. Adding the banner was pretty easy in Solaris 10 by changing *Dtlogin. Does anyone know how to make the change in Solaris !!? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Login screen reappears..!!

Hi all, My login screen reappears if i give a correct password for a user and give login.. I am doing Linux BMR process for CentOs .. I first backup the ' / ' folder with partition details and then restore it using a live cd. By doing so i got succeeded in restoring a machine.. But while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)