Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pass the input to invoking script Post 302213012 by vastare on Wednesday 9th of July 2008 03:21:14 AM
Old 07-09-2008
I got the answer for my dout...find the solution

cat sample1

#!/usr/bin/ksh

#value1=90;
#value2=70;

read val1
echo "Val1 =" $val1
read val2
echo "Val2 =" $val2

cat sample2

#!/usr/bin/ksh

echo "Calling the first script"

sh sample1 << EOF
EOF

echo "called the script"

Output of the sample2 script is
Val1 =1
Val2 = 2

...now my dout is I want to use comment in b/w Redirecting input
i.e

sh sample1 << EOF
#Value of first parm
#Value of second parm
EOF

but the string is taking as an argument ...how can I achieve this? Smilie

expert suggestion is required!!!! waiting for the reply ....

Last edited by vastare; 07-10-2008 at 02:29 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a file as input and pass each line to another script

Hi, I am trying to write a ftp script which will read a file for filenames and ftp those files to another server. Here's my ftp script, but it's scanning the current directory for file names. My question is how can I pass multiple files (these files will have the name of data files that need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjad02
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass input arguements to DB2 SQL script

Hi all, I have a shell script which invoke a sql script using command db2 -tf /home/me/db_housekeep.sql -z /home/me/db_housekeep.log however, this mentioned sql script requires several input arguments, I wonder if one can pass variables from shell script to sql script? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to use Secure Shell (SSH) to pass results back to invoking machine

Hi, I am running a script from a client machine X which does "SSH" to around 100 other machines in a farm and invokes a local script on each of those machines. Local script localscript.sh on each of those 100 target machines, does some machine specific function like fetch the specific machine's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to pass C array as input to Shell script

Hi, In the below C code , i want to pass the array to a unix shel script. my script should called as ex myscript 1,2,3 #include <stdio.h> int main() { int a={1,2,3}; } Thanks, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass input and output file as parameter to awk script

Hi, i am new to awk. I am using csv2pipe script(shown below) BEGIN { FS=SUBSEP; OFS="|" } { result = setcsv($0, ",") print } # setcsv(str, sep) - parse CSV (MS specification) input # str, the string to be parsed. (Most likely $0.) # sep, the separator between the values. # #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskarjha178
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input a number in a web page and pass to a script?

I am working on an embedded linux router and trying to make a webpage where the user can input a desired number of CPE and have a script update that number on the router. I have a CLI where I can log in and type the following to change that number echo "20">/proc/net/dbrctl/maxcpe which then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobTheBulldog
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking a script

I am new to Unix. Could some tell me what are all the possible ways of invoking/executing a script, doesnt matter which shell you are in. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass input from c program to shell script?

Hello.. I am developing a Graphical User Interface using GTK. As part of our project I need to take inputs from GTK entries and pass those inputs to shell script and use them in shell script. The problem which struck me is only limited number of inputs are getting passed to shell script. For now... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyanilinux
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

invoking script

hi all, is there a way to run a script upon invoking an application . for eg if i click on mozilla i want a script to run , before runniing mozilla , maybe ask a password or something only then open mozilla (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mithun1!
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How pass the input parameter to a file in the script ?

OS version: RHEL 6.7 myTextFile.txt file is referred within Script1.sh script, I only execute Script1.sh and I want the input variable to be passed inside myTextFile.txt . Any idea how I can do this ? $ cat script1.sh cat myTextFile.txt $ cat myTextFile.txt $1 Requirement1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)