Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parsing Powerbroker Logs for SysAdmin Changes (SOX) Post 302212848 by bcouchtx on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 01:56:24 PM
Old 07-08-2008
Question Parsing Powerbroker Logs for SysAdmin Changes (SOX)

I need to identify a list of AIX command strings that can be used to parse Powerbroker logs for changes that are being made by Unix SysAdmins. Need to filter out (as much as possible) inquiry or routine maintenance activity and concentrate on software/security changes.

This is for internal SOX monitoring (control self-assessment) - I am not an auditor.

Can anyone help? Suggestions?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Powerbroker policy file advice needed

I have a requirement to be able to issue selected commands with root privileges but don't have the ability to su to root due to audit requirements dictating that only our UNIX SA's have that feature. I was told that Powerbroker would allow me to run the commands as root but our security people... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yvs24
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo & Sox compliance

Hello, I am trying to convince my boss to stop allowing our users to login as root (superuser). Currently our users login to our unix server with their own account, then as needed, they will do an su and put in the root password. This scares me, for a bunch of reasons. Mainly, one is that we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rwallaceisg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing out the logs and generating report

My file will contain following(log.txt): start testcase: config loading ...... error XXXX ..... end testcase: config loading, result failed start testcase: ping check ..... error ZZZZZ ..... error AAAAA end testcase: Ping check, result failed I am expecting below output. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log files, displaying logs between specific dates

Sorry, couldn't really think of a simple subject/title. So, I have a log file, and the dates are displayed like so: 2009-03-05 02:49:44 So the first and second field are the date/time. I can change them into a unix timestamp easily with: date -d "2009-03-05 02:49:44" +%s However,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parsing logs maybe with menu and variables?

I would like to parse through some logs looking for things like exception or failed (grep -i failed). Ideal would be if it were in a menu format so someone without unix ability could just choose option 1 2 or 3 etc. If I could pass the hostname to a variable also that would be awesome, so someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Parsing Tuxedo Logs

Right now I am parsing Tuxedo logs to calculate response times for various services. I was hoping to find a log tool that had support for Tuxedo and would generate drill down html reports. ---------- Post updated at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:33 PM ---------- I just wanted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lurch
0 Replies
GETBUILDLOG(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GETBUILDLOG(1)

NAME
getbuildlog - download build logs from Debian auto-builders SYNOPSIS
getbuildlog package [version-pattern] [architecture-pattern] DESCRIPTION
getbuildlog downloads build logs of package from Debian auto-builders. It downloads build logs of all versions and for all architectures if version-pattern and architecture-pattern are not specified or empty, otherwise only build logs whose versions match version-pattern and build logs whose architectures match architecture-pattern will be downloaded. The version and architecture patterns are interpreted as extended regular expressions as described in grep(1). If version-pattern is "last" then only the logs for the most recent version of package found on buildd.debian.org will be downloaded. If version-pattern is "last-all" then the logs for the most recent version found on each build log index will be downloaded. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information and examples. -V, --version Show version and copyright information. EXAMPLES
getbuildlog hello 2.2-1 amd64 Download amd64 build log for hello version 2.2-1. getbuildlog glibc "" mips.* Download mips(el) build logs of all glibc versions. getbuildlog wesnoth .*bpo.* Download all build logs of backported wesnoth versions. AUTHOR
Written by Frank S. Thomas <fst@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities GETBUILDLOG(1)