Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED: delete and print the only exact matched pattern Post 302212700 by new_buddy on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 06:37:27 AM
Old 07-08-2008
Hi c0mrade. Please explain what do 83 and 19 are for. I am not so sure how can it help to grep only the exact pattern.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: match pattern & delete matched lines

Hi all, I have the following data in a file x.csv: > ,this is some text here > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/11/16,0.23 > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/12/16,0.88 < ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this shouldnt be deleted I need to use SED to match anything with a > in the line and delete that line, can someone help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed to delete exactly match pattern and print them in other file

Hi there, I need help about using sed. Iam using sed to delete and print lines that match the port number as listed in sedfile. I am using -d and -p command for delete match port and print them respectively. However, the output is not synchonize where the total deleted lines is not similar with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_buddy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print last matched pattern using perl

Hi, If there exist multiple pattern in a file, how can I find the last record matching the pattern through perl. The below script searches for the pattern everywhere in an input file. #! /usr/bin/perl -s -wnl BEGIN { $pattern or warn"Usage: $0 -pattern='RE' \n" and exit 255;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched pattern in perl

Hi, I have script like below: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; while (<DATA>) { ( my ($s_id) = /^\d+\|(\d+?)\|/ ) ; if ( $s_id == 1 ){ s/^(.*\|)*.*ABC\.pi=(+|+)*.*ABC\.id=(\d+|+).*$/$1$2|$3/s; print "$1$2|$3\n"; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines and the first pattern between 2 matched patterns

Hi, i need help to delete all the lines between 2 matched patterns and the first pattern must be deleted too. sample as follows: inputfile.txt >kump_1 ........................... ........................... >start_0124 dgfhghgfh fgfdgfh fdgfdh >kump_2 ............................. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to delete content before and after a matched pattern

Hello, I have been trying to write a script where I could get awk to delete data before and after a matched pattern. For eg Raw data Start NAME = John Age = 35 Occupation = Programmer City = New York Certification Completed = No Salary = 80000 End Start NAME = Mary Age = 25... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed command does not replace exact string matched

I have a file change.sed more change.sed I fire the below command inorder to replace "190.169.11.15" with "10.4.112.240" in proxy.logsed -f change.sed proxy.log proxy.log has the below entry more proxy.log The command replaces both 190.169.11.15 & 190.169.11.155 as below: I am expecting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
17 Replies
BZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BZGREP(1)

NAME
bzgrep, bzfgrep, bzegrep - search possibly bzip2 compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
bzgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... bzegrep [ egrep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... bzfgrep [ fgrep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Bzgrep is used to invoke the grep on bzip2-compressed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If bzgrep is invoked as bzegrep or bzfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, bzgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep bzgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; bzgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca). Adapted to bzip2 by Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> for Debian GNU/Linux. SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), bzdiff(1), bzmore(1), bzless(1), bzip2(1) BZGREP(1)