Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to copy set of files with date appended to their name Post 302212466 by sish78 on Monday 7th of July 2008 04:31:53 PM
Old 07-07-2008
I'm using an ETL TOOL which takes an unix command with parmaeters, so i was looking at that method only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

copy files with date

Hi, I have a coupel of files in /tmp which I have to copy to /var. But I want their name to be same as the source with date suffix. But the problem is I don;t know the prefix of the file, I only know the suffix of file. AAA.997 ABC.997 ADC.997 The later part 997 is constant but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i copy files by date last modifed range?

When I do a ls -lt I get a list of files by date modified from newest to oldest. I would like to be able to copy some files to another directory using a date last modified range (i.e. Apr 30 - May 13) How could I do this? Thanks, Joe (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geauxsaints
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort a set of files by date in a directory?

hi there, I have a directory which contents I can parse dynamically. I end up with a file list. I then want to display those files sorted by date, oldest files first. I have very very little PERL experience...Would anyone know how to do that ? Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexf
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts - create a filename with the date appended

I am looking to do something where if I created a file named backup,or whatever it would print a name like “backup_Apr_11_2011”. Thanks citizencro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: citizencro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johannd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johannd
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to copy files from a certain date

I need to copy files from a directory that has a lot of files in it. However I only want to copy them from a certain date. My thoughts so far are to use ls -l and to pipe this into awk and print out tokens 6 (month)and 7 (day). $ ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 prodqual tst 681883 Jun 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy current date files to another dir

i have directory /abcd and i want to copy all today date files in /xyz directory. i am able to see the files by using below command but not able to understand copy. find . -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy or cut specific rows from appended file with some conditions

Hi I have one file which is containing about 5000 rows and 20 columns I will just explain about my requirement here briefly with sample file, I have attached also, please help....me.. 1 28.25 36.42 5 28.26 36.42 10 28.23 36.43 15 28.22 36.43 20 28.2 36.42 25... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
6 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)