Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Help! How to delete weird files ?? Post 302212373 by radoulov on Monday 7th of July 2008 10:35:36 AM
Old 07-07-2008
What FS? If ext2/ext3 try:

Code:
sudo chattr -i imp_dqds.log tabsctcsys.dmp

And then remove them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

weird problem with removing files

I have a few files on my system named: -rw------- -rw-r----- -rw-rw--w- -rwxrw-r-x (Yes, it's really the name of the file, not the access permissions, they're 0 bytes large and all created at the same date/time). I've no idea how they got there but I don't seem to be able to delete them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a weird file name

Hi, How do I delete a file name that starts with a hypen? e.g. -unix_file_2006_10_3 I always get an erroe when I use rm command. I am using Solaris. Thanks, Hi, One of the Unix books I read to remove this weird file suggest to use: "rm ./-unix_file_2006_10_3" which I did today and file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Really weird delete problem

Hi, I've Ubuntu 8.04, and it has some files that I just cannot delete. I've tried everything, inode, fsck etc. Here is what the ls -li outputs root@ubuntu:/home/luser/.local/share/Trash/files/junk# ls -l ls: cannot access TRUNK_: No such file or directory ls: cannot access 2006_output.mv:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than X with a weird file format

I have an issue with a korn shell script that I am writing. The script parses through a configuration file which lists a heap of path/directories for some files which need to be FTP'd. Now the script needs to check whether there are any files which have not been processed and are X minutes old. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickAAA
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files with weird names

I have hundreds of files with weird names, something like this: I was wondering how can I rename them all keeping the sampleid and the last extension, something like this: Any help will be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Weird files to delete

Hi, I created some files with a script and I don't know yet where I did a mistake but the script created some "weird" files... prd01,/tmp # ls -al total 706184 -rw-r----- 1 root system 34 Aug 27 16:10 hdisk3BB hdisk3 hdisk3BB.tmp drwxrwxrwt 51 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word

he following are the files available in my directory RSK_123_20141113_031500.txt RSK_123_20141113_081500.txt RSK_126_20141113_041500.txt RSK_126_20141113_081800.txt RSK_128_20141113_091600.txt Here, "RSK" is file prefix and 123 is a code name and rest is just timestamp of the file when its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kridhick
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep two files: -F flag gives weird output

Hi Members, I'm confused with grep -F option. Goal is to get all the lines from file2 that have exact gene name from gene list (file one). File one has list of genes: File two has lot more information pertinent to genes in file one: I use three following commands: 1) grep -wf gene... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
9 Replies
mktrashcan(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mktrashcan(1)

NAME
mktrashcan, rmtrashcan, shtrashcan - Attaches, detaches, or shows a trashcan directory SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mktrashcan trashcan directory... /usr/sbin/rmtrashcan directory... /usr/sbin/shtrashcan directory... OPERANDS
Specifies the directory that contains files that were deleted from attached directories. Whenever you delete a file in the specified directory, the file system automatically moves the file to the trashcan directory. Specifies the directory that you attach to a trashcan directory. DESCRIPTION
The trashcan utilities (mktrashcan and rmtrashcan) enable you to attach or detach an existing directory, which you specify as a trashcan directory, to any number of directories within the same fileset. A trashcan directory stores the files that are deleted with the unlink system call. For instance, you can use the mktrashcan utility to attach a trashcan directory called /usr/trashcan to one or more directories; thereafter, when you delete a file from one of the attached directories, the file system moves the file to the /usr/trashcan directory. Note that when more than one directory shares attachment to a trashcan directory, files with the same file name can overwrite each other in the trashcan directory. If you mistakenly delete a file, use the mv command to return the file from the /usr/trashcan directory to its original directory. When you enter shtrashcan at the system prompt, the system shows the trashcan directory, if one exists, for the directory you specified. It is important that trashcan directories have correct access permissions. If the permissions are too restrictive, then it may be impossi- ble to remove files from the directories that are attached to the trashcan directory. In general, all users and groups that expect to use the trashcan directory need write permission to the directory. If unexpected "permission denied" errors occur when deleting files that are in a directory attached to a trashcan directory, use the chmod command to change the permissions on the trashcan directory. RESTRICTIONS
The directory and trashcan directories must be in the same fileset; however, you can attach the trashcan directory to any directory within the fileset. EXAMPLES
The following example creates and attaches a trashcan directory, /usr/trashcan, to two directories, /usr/ray and /usr/projects/sql/test, which are in the same fileset. The chmod command adds write permission for all users and groups on the new trashcan directory. % mkdir /usr/trashcan % chmod a+w /usr/trashcan % mktrashcan /usr/trashcan /usr/ray /usr/projects/sql/test To attach the trashcan directory, /usr/trashcan, to all subdirectories in the /usr directory, enter: % mktrashcan /usr/trashcan /usr/* New subdirectories that you add beneath the /usr directory are not attached to the trashcan directory until you attach them. Also, the mktrashcan utility distinguishes between directories and files, attaching only directories to the trashcan directory. Note that an attached directory produces an EDUPLICATE_DIRS (-1165) error when /usr/trashcan is itself in the directory path you attach to (as in the previous example). You can ignore this error message. SEE ALSO
advfs(4), mkfset(8), showfsets(8) mktrashcan(1)