Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Utility functions, prices, and negotiation Post 302212261 by Linux Bot on Monday 7th of July 2008 05:10:07 AM
Old 07-07-2008
Utility functions, prices, and negotiation

HPL-2008-81 Utility functions, prices, and negotiation - Wilkes, John
Keyword(s): utility theory, price functions, risk, negotiation, penalties, SLAs
Abstract: This paper provides an introduction to the use of utility theory with service level agreements between a computer-based service provider and a client. It argues that a consistent approach to utility, together with a flexible notion of pricing, can go a long way to clarifying some of the hidden assum ...
Full Report

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

dhcp negotiation failed

on solaris 10, I use static ip address, and choose no dhcp during installation. But I keep receiving the following messages in my console: Mar 9 03:43:40 ellst rmclomv: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server available Mar 9 03:49:58 ellst rmclomv: DHCP negotiation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredao
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Server model and it's prices.

Hello Guruz, I would like to know the list of Solaris spar models and it's prices. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Data type to use for prices with commas

Hi everybody, I`m very new with PHP and Databases and I having the follow issue with prices data.. The original information is in CSV files. The prices have formatted with commas and dots as follow: 12,300.99 -->(thousands separated by commas) 3,500.25 -->(thousands separated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
10 Replies

4. IP Networking

Doubt regarding TCP Options negotiation

Hi, I am aware that duirng the intial SYN, SYN-ACK, ACK (connection establishment) phase, both TCP ends advertize TCP options (or extended features) each would like to use for the connection. Ultimately both ends end up using TCP options commonly supported and advertized by both. My doubt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies
RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples::Canonical(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples::Canonical(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples::Canonical - Canonical representation of an RDF model VERSION
This document describes RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples::Canonical version 1.000 SYNOPSIS
use RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples::Canonical; my $serializer = RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples->new( onfail=>'truncate' ); $serializer->serialize_model_to_file(FH, $model); DESCRIPTION
This module produces a canonical string representation of an RDF graph. If the graph contains blank nodes, sometimes there is no canonical representation that can be produced. The 'onfail' option allows you to decide what is done in those circumstances: o truncate - drop problematic triples and only serialize a subgraph. o append - append problematic triples to the end of graph. The result will be non-canonical. This is the default behaviour. o space - As with 'append', but leave a blank line separating the canonical and non-canonical portions of the graph. o die - cause a fatal error. Other than the 'onfail' option, this package has exactly the same interface as RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples, providing "serialize_model_to_file" and "serialize_model_to_string" methods. This package will be considerably slower than the non-canonicalising serializer though, so should only be used for small to medium-sized graphs, and only when you need canonicalisation (e.g. for side-by-side comparison of two graphs to check they're isomorphic; or creating a canonical representation for digital signing). METHODS
Beyond the methods documented below, this class inherits methods from the RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples class. "new ( [ onfail => $rule ] )" Returns a new Canonical N-Triples serializer object. If specified, the value of the 'onfail' argument dictates the handling of blank nodes with no canonical representation. The allowable rule values are 'truncate', 'append', 'space', and 'die', and their respective behaviour is described in "DESCRIPTION" above. "serialize_model_to_file ( $fh, $model )" Serializes the $model to canonical NTriples, printing the results to the supplied filehandle "<$fh">. "serialize_model_to_string ( $model )" Serializes the $model to canonical NTriples, returning the result as a string. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to through the GitHub web interface at <https://github.com/kasei/perlrdf/issues>. SEE ALSO
Signing RDF Graphs, Jeremey J Carroll, Digital Media Systems Laboratory, HB Laboratories Bristol. HPL-2003-142, 23 July 2003. http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2003/HPL-2003-142.pdf <http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2003/HPL-2003-142.pdf>. RDF::Trine, RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples. <http://www.perlrdf.org/>. AUTHOR
Toby Inkster, <tobyink@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2010 Toby Inkster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-29 RDF::Trine::Serializer::NTriples::Canonical(3pm)