Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Attachments
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Attachments Post 302212219 by reborg on Monday 7th of July 2008 01:45:40 AM
Old 07-07-2008
Jim, that would be ~300GB since Jan 1, 2008 but that's only the half of it, we also have to pay for bandwidth.

Anyway there is absolutely no way we could do this. As pointed out there are too many security concerns both through direct misuse and through the inappropriate disclosure of information on other systems.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail attachments

I'm writing scripts on HP-UX. Is there a way to attach a file to a mail message. I don't want to imbed the data in the mail message. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Multithreaded
1 Replies

2. How do I send email?

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Attachments

I use metasend to send an attachment to an email. The attached file has a .csv extension however when the email is received the extension is changed to .att. Does anyone know why ? I need the name to remain as .csv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabbas
1 Replies

4. Solaris

mail with attachments

I want to send a mail with three attachments, but nothing happened. I tried it with mail and mailx. Are there special options for these commands or is it not possible to send mails under Solaris with attachments? Must there be special adjustments in the environment? Can anyone give an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjadan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachments

Dear all, I've been working with AIX for, um, 15 years now and I have read all I can about the above, but I am stuck. Everything seems to point to using sendmail on the command line to embed a uuencoded attatchment will not work. Using something like "(cat plain.txt;uuencode attach.file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachments

Hi, I got the following script from Ygor on this site: #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email_address" export CONTENT="/export/home/aisdba/email_body.html" export SUBJECT="subject of email" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suthera
9 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Attachments in MUTT.

Can any body figure out how to attach the attachments mails while drafting them in MUTT form any location on my system. I am not able to figure it out. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail gz Attachments

Hi All, I have a problem again with sendmail content type . I am trying to attach the gz file to the html email but couldnt figure out even after extensive google. Here is my code. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies
mimecheck(1)						      Check MIME attachments						      mimecheck(1)

NAME
mimecheck - determine the type of the MIME encoded of an attachment mimezip - detect the type of MIME encoded zip archive in an attachment mimebzip - detect the type of MIME encoded bzip2 data in an attachment mimegzip - detect the type of MIME encoded gzip data in an attachment SYNOPSIS
mimecheck boundary [file] mimezip boundary [file] mimebzip boundary [file] mimegzip boundary [file] DESCRIPTION
The scripts mimecheck, mimezip, mimebzip, and mimegzip can be used to determine the contents of MIME encoded attachments of the type appli- cation/octet-stream. The scripts require the boundary as provided in the headers and/or bodys of mails with enclosed attachments. The scripts read from standard input if no file was provided and write out the detected MIME type to standard out. EXAMPLE
A short filter rule used by procmail(1) to check for DOS executables in MIME encoded zip archives found in many attachments: BLANK="[ ]+" TYPE="${BLANK}multipart/(alternative|mixed)" :0 * $ ^Content-Type:${TYPE};(${BLANK}|$)*boundary=["']?[^ "';]+ { BOUNDARY="${MATCH}" TYPE="" :0 B * $ ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:${BLANK}base64 { TYPE=`mimecheck ${BOUNDARY}` :0 * TYPE ?? application/x-zip { TYPE=`mimezip ${BOUNDARY}` } } :0 * TYPE ?? executable.*DOS * TYPE ?? DOS.*executable /dev/null } there is no guarantee that this piece of a procmailrc(5) file will work. SEE ALSO
procmailrc(5), file(1), sed(1), mimencode(1). COPYRIGHT
2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany, 2007 Werner Fink. AUTHORS
Werner Fink <werner@suse.de>. 3rd Berkeley Distribution Juni 28, 2007 mimecheck(1)