Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hello
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Hello Post 302212133 by Slaviko on Sunday 6th of July 2008 03:26:13 PM
Old 07-06-2008
How do I dellet posts, This was meant to be a email...... Lol

otl2pdb(1)						      General Commands Manual							otl2pdb(1)

NAME
otl2pdb - converts vimoutliner outline to AddressDB Palm file. SYNOPSIS
otl2pdb [filename] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the otl2pdb Perl script. otl2pdb is a perl(1) script that takes an outline from vimoutliner(1) with contact information and creates an AddressDB.pdb file for a Palm. For now this script can only create a .pdb file. You then have to use a syncing tool to load it into your Palm. I recommend the pilot- link package for linux. The format of the contact outline is the following: $category $record_name c:$cell a:$address .... You can have as many categories and records(entries) as you want. The following are valid fields for a record with the necessary text to indicate them in quotes: 'a:'-address 'c:'-cell 'e:'-email 'h:'-home phone 'n:'-note 'web:'-website 'w:'-work phone Also, each record's category is left as 'Unfiled' as I can't get the record's category to write correctly. SEE ALSO
vim(1), perl(1) REQUIREMENTS
This program uses the Palm::Address perl module, which is available on CPAN. TIPS
If using the pilot-link package: -load the pdb with 'pilot-xfer -i AddressDB.pdb' -specify the serial port if other than /dev/pilot (which will usually be the case unless you link to it) with -p in the above command; usually this is /dev/ttyS0 in linux AUTHOR
The original version was written by Gabriel Walker <cldwalker@chwhat.com>. If you like using perl, linux, vim and databases to make your life easier (not lazier ;) check out my website at http://www.chwhat.com. <http://www.chwhat.com> This manual page was written by Matej Cepl <matej@ceplovi.cz> (using perldoc(1) part of the documented script), for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). January 13, 2005 otl2pdb(1)