Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Shell Scripting / Programming Post 302212128 by indiansoil on Sunday 6th of July 2008 02:57:11 PM
Old 07-06-2008
MySQL UNIX Shell Scripting / Programming

Hi,

I am looking for a PDF or an e-book which can show in details how to do Shell Scripting or Programming. Can anybody provide me with a link to such a tutorial? I have downloaded some tutorials but they show only basics and not give any in-depth study material.

I am using Red Hat Linux 5.

Thanks in advance as I know that there are a lot of experts and masters here! SmilieSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Iam using grep command as follows in my script read_file1() { cat file1.txt | while read line do grep $line file2.txt >> out.txt done } read_file1 This way the performance is very slow. We are having lacks of records in file1 and file2 how can i improve the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, iam having the file as follows: ABCDEFGH|0987654321234567 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234523 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234556 ABCDEFGH|0987654321234545 POIUYTRE|1234567890890678 POIUYTRE|1209867757352567 POIUYTRE|5463879088797131 POIUYTRE|5468980091344456 pls provide me the split command ... (14 Replies)
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having the files as follows: file1 aa aa aa aa ab ac ad ae file2 aa aa ab Outputfile: (20 Replies)
20 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

# set date to your spec: this is month/day/yr/hr/min/sec: sysdate=`date '+%m/%d/%Y-%H:%M:%S'` # get the last line before the history file is modified tail -1 /tmp/hosthistory.txt |while read lastdate mydevices do echo $lastdate echo $mydevices done LIST = 'ypcat hosts|| sort... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemseffert
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, How do I code a password with multiple special characters in it. Example: password is P#utar&@ None of the belwo options worked 1. passwd="P#utar&@" 2. passwd='P#utar&@' Any help will be greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: afredri
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming and scripting

hi, i am trying this while loop and i only want that it should only read food as pizza....no other entry should be taken here. #!/usr/bin/perl -w $food = " "; while ( $food ne 'pizza' ) { print 'enter what you had last night: '; chomp ($food = <STDIN>); #print $food ; } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX shell scripting programming in files

Create 2 files in unix in 2 different directories, compare them and fetch common words between these 2 files. Print them on the screen and also redirect the output to your home directory in the below format: file 1 | file 2 line no: word 1 | line no: word 1 line no: word 2 | line no: word 2 line... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mounica bijjala
11 Replies
RPCINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RPCINFO(8)

NAME
rpcinfo -- report RPC information SYNOPSIS
rpcinfo -p [host] rpcinfo [-n portnum] -u host program [version] rpcinfo [-n portnum] -t host program [version] rpcinfo -b program version rpcinfo -d program version DESCRIPTION
rpcinfo makes an RPC call to an RPC server and reports what it finds. OPTIONS
-p Probe the portmapper on host, and print a list of all registered RPC programs. If host is not specified, it defaults to the value returned by hostname(1). -u Make an RPC call to procedure 0 of program on the specified host using UDP, and report whether a response was received. -t Make an RPC call to procedure 0 of program on the specified host using TCP, and report whether a response was received. -n Use portnum as the port number for the -t and -u options instead of the port number given by the portmapper. -b Make an RPC broadcast to procedure 0 of the specified program and version using UDP and report all hosts that respond. -d Delete registration for the RPC service of the specified program and version. This option can be exercised only by the super-user. The program argument can be either a name or a number. If a version is specified, rpcinfo attempts to call that version of the specified program. Otherwise, rpcinfo attempts to find all the reg- istered version numbers for the specified program by calling version 0 (which is presumed not to exist; if it does exist, rpcinfo attempts to obtain this information by calling an extremely high version number instead) and attempts to call each registered version. Note: the version number is required for -b and -d options. EXAMPLES
To show all of the RPC services registered on the local machine use: example% rpcinfo -p To show all of the RPC services registered on the machine named klaxon use: example% rpcinfo -p klaxon To show all machines on the local net that are running the Yellow Pages service use: example% rpcinfo -b ypserv 'version' | uniq where 'version' is the current Yellow Pages version obtained from the results of the -p switch above. To delete the registration for version 1 of the walld service use: example% rpcinfo -d walld 1 SEE ALSO
rpc(5), portmap(8) RPC Programming Guide. BUGS
In releases prior to SunOS 3.0, the Network File System (NFS) did not register itself with the portmapper; rpcinfo cannot be used to make RPC calls to the NFS server on hosts running such releases. Red Hat Linux March 9, 2001 Red Hat Linux