Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Mount a Remote NTFS Share for Read/Write under Linux Post 302212032 by shew01 on Saturday 5th of July 2008 10:52:36 PM
Old 07-05-2008
To my surprise, this works (I created the /mnt/ntfs directory in an earlier step):

Code:
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.120/Linux -o username=myntaccount,password=mypassword /mnt/ntfs

ls -l /mnt/ntfs
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Mar  4 22:10 db11g
-rwxrwSrwt 1 root root 89712640 Mar  4 22:02 oracle.tar

Follow up questions:

1) How can I dismount it without rebooting? I don't see a hit for "dismount" in the mount man page.

2) How can I configure it to automount on the next boot?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pb for mount a ntfs fs type

Hie , I have a distrib Red Hat with a kernel-2.4.9-31 . I can't mount a ntfs fs with command : #mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /windows mount: fs type ntfs not supported by kernel Why doesn't my kernel support a type ntfs ? How can I mount this FS ? Merci d'avance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Romeo_91
1 Replies

2. Linux

Mount W2K share on Redhat Linux

How do I mount a Windows 2K share on Redhat Linux? I tried this: mount -t smbfs -o username=administrator,password=mypassword //machine/share But it just returns the help for the mount command:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i access (mount, read & write) a floppy disk from the console, not being root?

welll, the title quite explains what i want to do thanks for your time! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfaday
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount Linux share onto Sco 5.0.6

I've got a Sco 5.0.6 box and an Ubuntu box on my network. i want to backup certain directories onto a share on the Ubuntu box. how do i mount a linux share onto the Sco box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sall
1 Replies

5. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS mount read and write

Dear all, I have a server A and Client B. I am mounting a folder which is Server A using read and write options in client B. I have put entries in /etc/exports file as /mnt1/load *(rw,sync) In the client i cannot create any new file or delete any file eventhough it is read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Share NTFS for Backups

Hi, I would like to assign a 10TB LUN to multiple windows servers. On the LUN will be a folder assigned to each server to place its backup. Is there any change of data corruption with this setup. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
COPYFS-MOUNT(1) 						   User Commands						   COPYFS-MOUNT(1)

NAME
copyfs-mount - mounts a versioned file system SYNOPSIS
copyfs-mount version-directory mount-point DESCRIPTION
This script lets you mount a CopyFS file system. version-directory is the directory where the files and version information will be stored by CopyFS. When using CopyFS for the first time, copyfs-mount will create the required files in the version-directory before running copyfs-daemon. mount-point is the directory where the copyfs file system will be mounted. This is where the users will have access to the files. If you want to mount a CopyFS at '/mnt/fs', whose version directory is at /var/versions, you would use: root@host# copyfs-mount /var/versions /mnt/fs To unmount it, simply do: root@host# umount /mnt/fs As you would do for any other filesystem. You can also allow an ordinary non-root users to mount and unmount CopyFS filesystems provided that the user is added to the 'fuse' group. Ordinary users will be able unmount the filesystem, using the fusermount command: $ fusermount -u mount-point AUTHORS
CopyFS was created by Thomas Joubert and Nicolas Vigier <boklm@mars-attacks.org> LINKS
<http://n0x.org/copyfs/> CopyFS web site. <http://fuse.sourceforge.net/> FUSE - Filesystem in USErspace SEE ALSO
copyfs(1), copyfs-fversion(1), copyfs-daemon(1), fusermount(1) copyfs-mount May 2008 COPYFS-MOUNT(1)