Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed to delete exactly match pattern and print them in other file Post 302212022 by new_buddy on Saturday 5th of July 2008 09:12:26 PM
Old 07-05-2008
Sed to delete exactly match pattern and print them in other file

Hi there,
I need help about using sed. Iam using sed to delete and print lines that match the port number as listed in sedfile. I am using -d and -p command for delete match port and print them respectively. However, the output is not synchonize where the total deleted lines is not similar with the printed lines. I found that sed print lines that match port 4513 although I just want exactly the 4513.
Here is my code
Code:
sed -n -f print.sed tcpfile >> tcpfile.out
sed -f delete.sed tcpfile >>tcpfile.delete

Example of the print.sed
Code:
/451/p
/46[6-7][1-4]/p

Example lines in tcpfile
Code:
src=78.136.25.50 dst=192.168.133.202 bytes=610 proto=6 sport=80 dport=3159
src=89.1.65.142 dst=192.168.133.202 bytes=184 proto=6 sport=43954 dport=1153
src=72.14.217.189 dst=192.168.133.202 bytes=270 proto=6 sport=80 dport=3145
src=78.136.25.50 dst=192.168.133.202 bytes=610 proto=6 sport=80 dport=3158
src=208.70.8.23 dst=192.168.133.202 bytes=2472 proto=6 sport=80 dport=1447
src=208.70.8.23 dst=192.168.133.202 bytes=2526 proto=6 sport=80 dport=1811

Really need help. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: match pattern & delete matched lines

Hi all, I have the following data in a file x.csv: > ,this is some text here > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/11/16,0.23 > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/12/16,0.88 < ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this shouldnt be deleted I need to use SED to match anything with a > in the line and delete that line, can someone help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: delete and print the only exact matched pattern

I am really need help with the regular expression in SED. From input file, I need to extract lines that have the port number (sport or dport) as defined. The input file is something like this time=1209515280-1209515340 dst=192.168.133.202 src=208.70.8.23 bytes=2472 proto=6 sport=80 dport=1447... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_buddy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print all lines after pattern match

HiCan someone show me how to print all lines from a file after a line matching a pattern using sed?Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed delete blank lines upto first pattern match

Hi Im trying to do the following in sed. I want to delete any blank line at the start of a file until it matches a pattern and then stops. for example: Input output: I have got it to work within a range of two patterns with the following: sed '/1/,/pattern/{/^]*$/d}' The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print from last occurrence match until the end of file

Hi, i have file f1.txt with data like: CHECK a b CHECK c d CHECK e f JOB_START .... I want to match the last occurrence of 'CHECK' until the end of the file. I can use awk: awk '/^CHECK/ { buf = "" } { buf = buf "\n" $0 } END { print buf }' f1.txt | tail +2Is there a cleaner way of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each pattern match

Hi I need to egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each matched pattern. -m10 option is not working out in my sun solaris 5.10 Please guide me the options to achieve. if i do head -10 , i wont be getting all pattern match results as output since for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed script to delete the last word after a last pattern match

Hi Guys , I am having a file as stated below File 1 sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U261/A sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/Z sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/A sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U268/Z sa1 -- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies
GREP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GREP(1)

NAME
grep - search a file for a pattern SYNOPSIS
grep [ option ... ] pattern [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Grep searches the input files (standard input default) for lines (with newlines excluded) that match the pattern, a regular expression as defined in regexp(6). Normally, each line matching the pattern is `selected', and each selected line is copied to the standard output. The options are -c Print only a count of matching lines. -h Do not print file name tags (headers) with output lines. -i Ignore alphabetic case distinctions. The implementation folds into lower case all letters in the pattern and input before interpre- tation. Matched lines are printed in their original form. -l (ell) Print the names of files with selected lines; don't print the lines. -L Print the names of files with no selected lines; the converse of -l. -n Mark each printed line with its line number counted in its file. -s Produce no output, but return status. -v Reverse: print lines that do not match the pattern. Output lines are tagged by file name when there is more than one input file. (To force this tagging, include /dev/null as a file name argument.) Care should be taken when using the shell metacharacters $*[^|()= and newline in pattern; it is safest to enclose the entire expression in single quotes '...'. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/grep.c SEE ALSO
ed(1), awk(1), sed(1), sam(1), regexp(6) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is null if any lines are selected, or non-null when no lines are selected or an error occurs. GREP(1)