Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to bring a disk from error to online state. Post 302211929 by incredible on Saturday 5th of July 2008 08:09:16 AM
Old 07-05-2008
pls dun use vxdiskadm. bring the system down to single user. is your system connected to SAN? do a fsck on the rootvol and datadgs first.
try to mount them in single user to see if any error is hit. DO A BACKUP FIRST!!.
Try importing the disk groups manually first. You can refer to Veritas website for checking on the error code statuses, if any.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unable to bring up any interface

I have Linux 7.1 setup on a Dell and am unable to bring up any interfaces. Both the lo and eth0 fail upon boot up and I get a insmod error possibly due to bad irq or IO setting. If I disable eth0 upon boot, then lo works fine, but offcourse I get the "delaying initialization" upon boot for eth0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to bring up Sun OS

The last thing I did was set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE. Then rebooted server. Since that time I have not been able to login. During bootup it can't find root and generates alot of errors. Does anybody know of a default login and password that will allow me to log in and rebuild the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayewil
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Information About Solid State Disk in Linux

Hello, I have few HDD and SSD installed in my RHEL 5 server. I want to know which disk are SDD and which are HDD. What command should I use? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
3 Replies

4. Linux

Please Guide to bring my Server online

Hi Guys, I want to bring my server live. I have Static public IP Address 123.99.88.77 (Say) and also I have also registered a domain name say(live server23.com) the domain name providers have also given me the control panel with DNS management settings. I have gateway 192.168.1.1 Now My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to bring iscsitgt service to online

this is samiulla in my vmware solaris 11 i installed iscsitgt pakage but it goes to maintenance and i am unable to bring into online with svcadm clear iscsitgt how can i forcefully online iscsitgt service. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samiulla
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to catch the redirection error when the disk is full

Hi Experts, Problem summary : I am facing the below problem on huge files when the disk is getting full on the half way through the execution. If the disk was already full , the commands fail & everything is fine. Sample Code : head_rec_data_file=`head -1 sample_file.txt` cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pruthviraj_shiv
9 Replies

8. AIX

Power HA 6.1 Bring Resource group online issue

Hi all, I have the following in hacmp.out for bringing Resource group online. Volume groups themselves are Enhanced-Capable and on each node I can varyon and mount filesystems. +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs STATUS=0 +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs typeset -li STATUS +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)