Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ILOM to unix host
Operating Systems Solaris ILOM to unix host Post 302211928 by incredible on Saturday 5th of July 2008 08:04:48 AM
Old 07-05-2008
firmware update is a partial solution. for the console hanging case, recommended from SUN to use the 08/05 verison of the OS for installation. If possible update the VGA driver.
If you hard reset the system, dun expect the console to show up immediately. Type start /SP/console -> y . then wait....there is problems reported that some of these systems responding too slowly. let us see what's happening.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

I have a need to write scripts that can reliably determine the virtual host of a Sun Solaris system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meridian
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

Is it possible to reliably detect the virtual host of a Sun Solaris box, within a shell or Perl script? Can a system have multiple virtual host or not host at all ? I was recently made aware of hostname command, but was not sure if this option was the only one available. Any help is much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meridian
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix / Host explorer

Anyone know where I can get a download of a unix / aix explorer (pref with X-Windows) to run from Windows XP, as I transfer files between the two systems on a frequent basis. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for HOST NAME in UNIX

Hello, I am new to UNIX OS and I am planning to learn on how to use it since I was granted with the joy of being responsible of SCO UNIX on our network :-) So, can someone please tell me how to search for a particular string on our UNIX box specifying a server name...??? For some reason... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting UNIX Functions under several username and host

Hi, I am facing a issue in one of my script, Please help me on the same. Below I have the example. Example: I have two functions(host(),user()) in a single file named test1.ksh File Name: test1.ksh host () { HOST=`hostname` echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samvino
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix?

How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shuhang2
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: print on printer on another machine (host)

Hi all,sorry for my english but i don't speak it very well. I have a problem, i need to print a file from a unix machine to a printer on another unix machine (with another host). I think that it's possible making a connection with telnet to this machine and after to print on the machine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giugy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp to UNIX host

Hi, I am writing a shell script that securely connects to an UNIX host and transfer file(abc.txt) from the local machine to the host. sftp user@host get abc.txt bye The code doesn't work.. It throws error at line 2: get :Unknown get command. How can I rectify this problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishore_1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX script to use ssh to host

I am doing an old-school command to get an inventory to many host using ssh thru Solaris machine. Please help me find a way thru script to get this automized. This will make me lazy but will surely benefit out of it. thanks in advance. Process I am doing: Host IPs (examples): 10.210.1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TripleHar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization?

Hi everybody, Which Unix base OS have best performance for HOST virtualization? I tested SmartOS but it needs another OS to connect remotely! Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbzadegan
11 Replies
sys_attrs_bparm(5)						File Formats Manual						sys_attrs_bparm(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_bparm - bparm subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the Boot Parameters (bparm) kernel subsystem. Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. Identifies the device from which the system was last booted. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment vari- able with the same name. Do not modify this value, which is set when the system boots. A combination of flags that controls the boot loader and kernel. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Values for the variable are: Boot to multiuser mode. By default, the kernel boots to single-user mode. Enable the kdebug debugger to debug the kernel. By default, kdebug is not enabled in the kernel. Produce full dumps when the system crashes. By default, partial dumps are produced. Prompt for an alternate kernel and special arguments when the system is booted. By default, no questions are asked. Set boot_osflags only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. Identifies the boot device to be used when one is not included in the boot command line. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Set bootdef_dev only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. SEE ALSO
Commands: consvar(8) Others: sys_attrs(5) System Administration sys_attrs_bparm(5)