Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to bring a disk from error to online state. Post 302211876 by younus_syed on Saturday 5th of July 2008 02:17:13 AM
Old 07-05-2008
Unable to bring a disk from error to online state.

Hello experts.

I am using Solaris 10(2005) on intel machine. I have installed Veritas Volume manager 5.0. I am unable to bring a disk error to online state. I would like to bring that disk to CDS format.

Commands i used and output are....

Code:
#vxdisk list

DEVICE       TYPE            DISK         GROUP        STATUS
c0t0d0s2     auto               -            -            error
c1t1d0s2     auto:none       -            -            online invalid

#vxconfigd -k

Jul  5 07:29:59 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-148 enabled path 102/0x40 belonging to the dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:29:59 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-147 enabled dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:29:59 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-112 disabled path 102/0x40 belonging to the dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:29:59 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-111 disabled dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:29:59 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp 0 dmp_tur_temp_pgr: open failed: error = 6 dev=0xb3/0x42

#vxdctl mode
mode: enabled

#vxdmpadm enable ctlr=c0

mic_attr: Could not do stat on path /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2
ddl_get_dynamic_attr: Could not do stat on path /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2
Jul  5 07:34:01 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-148 enabled path 102/0x40 belonging to the dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:34:01 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-147 enabled dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:34:01 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-0 enabled controller /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@0 connected to disk array OTHER_DISKS
Jul  5 07:34:01 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-112 disabled path 102/0x40 belonging to the dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:34:01 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-111 disabled dmpnode 179/0x40
Jul  5 07:34:01 younus vxdmp: NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp 0 dmp_tur_temp_pgr: open failed: error = 6 dev=0xb3/0x42

#vxdmpadm listctlr ctlr=c0
CTLR-NAME       ENCLR-TYPE      STATE      ENCLR-NAME
=====================================================
c0              OTHER_DISKS     DISABLED     OTHER_DISKS

#vxdmpadm listctlr ctlr=c1
CTLR-NAME       ENCLR-TYPE      STATE      ENCLR-NAME
=====================================================
c1              OTHER_DISKS     ENABLED      OTHER_DISKS

Thanks in Advance..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unable to bring up any interface

I have Linux 7.1 setup on a Dell and am unable to bring up any interfaces. Both the lo and eth0 fail upon boot up and I get a insmod error possibly due to bad irq or IO setting. If I disable eth0 upon boot, then lo works fine, but offcourse I get the "delaying initialization" upon boot for eth0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to bring up Sun OS

The last thing I did was set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE. Then rebooted server. Since that time I have not been able to login. During bootup it can't find root and generates alot of errors. Does anybody know of a default login and password that will allow me to log in and rebuild the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayewil
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Information About Solid State Disk in Linux

Hello, I have few HDD and SSD installed in my RHEL 5 server. I want to know which disk are SDD and which are HDD. What command should I use? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
3 Replies

4. Linux

Please Guide to bring my Server online

Hi Guys, I want to bring my server live. I have Static public IP Address 123.99.88.77 (Say) and also I have also registered a domain name say(live server23.com) the domain name providers have also given me the control panel with DNS management settings. I have gateway 192.168.1.1 Now My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to bring iscsitgt service to online

this is samiulla in my vmware solaris 11 i installed iscsitgt pakage but it goes to maintenance and i am unable to bring into online with svcadm clear iscsitgt how can i forcefully online iscsitgt service. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samiulla
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to catch the redirection error when the disk is full

Hi Experts, Problem summary : I am facing the below problem on huge files when the disk is getting full on the half way through the execution. If the disk was already full , the commands fail & everything is fine. Sample Code : head_rec_data_file=`head -1 sample_file.txt` cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pruthviraj_shiv
9 Replies

8. AIX

Power HA 6.1 Bring Resource group online issue

Hi all, I have the following in hacmp.out for bringing Resource group online. Volume groups themselves are Enhanced-Capable and on each node I can varyon and mount filesystems. +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs STATUS=0 +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs typeset -li STATUS +main1_rg_01:cl_activate_vgs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies
vxbootsetup(1M) 														   vxbootsetup(1M)

NAME
vxbootsetup - set up system boot information on a Veritas Volume Manager disk SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxbootsetup [-g diskgroup] [medianame ... ] DESCRIPTION
The vxbootsetup utility configures physical disks so that they can be used to boot the system. Before vxbootsetup is called to configure a disk, the required volumes, standvol, rootvol and swapvol (and optionally, dumpvol) must be created on the disk. All of these volumes must be contiguous with only one subdisk. The -g option may be used to specify the boot disk group. If no medianame arguments are specified, all disks that contain usable mirrors of the root, swap, /usr and /var volumes are configured to be bootable. If medianame arguments are given, only the disks that are associated with the specified disk names are configured to be bootable. vxbootsetup requires that: o The root volume must be named rootvol and must have a usage type of root. o The swap volume must be named swapvol and must have a usage type of swap. o The volumes containing /usr and /var (if any) must be named usr and var, respectively. See the chapter "Recovery from Boot Disk Failure" in the Veritas Volume Manager Troubleshooting Guide for detailed information on how the system boots and how VxVM impacts the system boot process. The vxmirror, vxrootmir, and vxresize utilities call vxbootsetup automatically. If you use vxassist, or vxmake and vxplex to create mirrors of the root volume on a disk, you must run vxbootsetup explicitly to make the disk bootable. ARGUMENTS
medianame Specifies the disk name (disk media name) of a VM disk that is to be configured as bootable. SEE ALSO
disksetup(1M), edvtoc(1M), vxassist(1M), vxevac(1M), vxinstall(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxmirror(1M), vxplex(1M), vxresize(1M), vxrootmir(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Troubleshooting Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxbootsetup(1M)