Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Assistance in the installation SUN Solaris 10 Post 302211823 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 4th of July 2008 03:25:13 PM
Old 07-04-2008
is this a question?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

boot problem in Installation i86 sun solaris

Hello everybody, I installed sun solaris i86 , the programme installation install the "Mini Root" and after that he doing shutdown. the camputer coming up and he can't boot. how i can to resuled this problem ??? Thenk you in advence..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanly
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun solaris Installation Procedure

hi, can any body tell me the exact installation of the Sun solaris........ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
5 Replies

3. Solaris

SUN Solaris Installation

I am trying to install Solaris 9.0.4 to SUN Server V210 that does not have the CD/DVD drive. To use net install, I am preparing a target directory on SUN workstation running Solaris 9 x86. 1. Insert the SUN Sol 9 CD 1 ( not the Install CD) 2. I created a target directory_path on SUN Workstation... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashah99
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Needs help for HP OV Nodelock License Installation on SUN Solaris

Hi, I need help from Solaris and HP Openview expert. Can someone please tell me how to install the new Nodelock License in my SUN machine which is running on Solaris 7 and HP OV NNM 6.X 250? I got the new Nodelock License from HP but unfortunately I could not install it as I am not quite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to verify Sun Solaris installation

Does anybody have an idea, how to verify Sun Solaris installation? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris Installation

Hi, I am newbie in solaris administration. Can i get site/DOC for below tasks? 1.Solaris Operating System Installation 2.Creation of Mount points 3.Creation of Users and Groups Complete guide from scratch for new server.:b: Regards, Vinodh' Kumar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Installation of IBM Cognos 8 BI on Sun solaris operating system

Hi All, I am newbie to Sun solaris operating system. I am trying to install IBM Cognos 8 on it. However it can't execute the installation path when i insert to CD when i double click it. Anyone have any idea on installing it? or any documentation for me to view? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkyow
0 Replies

8. Solaris

SUN SPARC rebooting problem, after Solaris 10 installation

Hi All, I had install the solaris 10 into the SUNFIRE V890 server, after installed, it keep rebooting. I wish to enter the OK mode again, and install back the Solaris 10. i had try the "break" button and "stop+A" button, but all fail. kindly advice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Solaris SPARC Installation Suggetion plaese

Hello Team, I am new to Sun Solaris. I badly need some help, how to install solaris sparc 8 on simics 3.0.31. I am using my Acer laptop with 320 GB HD, 8 GB of RAM, Intel Core i5 processor 430M. Windows 7 already installed on it. 1.Can i make Dual partions on this laptop with Win7 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faseeh
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.3 2012-12-28 Net::DNS::Question(3)