Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 64-Bit gcc Compilation
Top Forums Programming 64-Bit gcc Compilation Post 302211766 by Roman Voznyuk on Friday 4th of July 2008 08:35:32 AM
Old 07-04-2008
Once you have all required 32-bit libraries you can run 32-bits executable on 64-bit OS.
Well-know example is skype.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

64 bit file using gcc

Hi, I am compiling a C program using gcc. gcc -c test.c The OS is Solaris 2.8 (64 bit). We dont have cc compiler on the box. When I do a file test.o , I get this: test.o: ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable SPARC Version 1 In one of my scripts I need a 64 bit object file. Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
1 Replies

2. Programming

32-bit code with gcc

I want to create a 32 bit shared library. I am using following commands 1. gcc -c test1.c 2. ld -b test1.o -o test1.sl But this creates 64 bit shared library. Unix version of the server on which I am working is HP-UX 11.11 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amol.chavan
1 Replies

3. Programming

gcc compilation

how can i do static compilation in gcc my gcc version is # gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/u sr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
3 Replies

4. Programming

compilation error in gcc

Hi, Should be too simple... I wrote a sample c++ program like #include <iostream.h> int main() {$ int ab=455; cout << ab << endl; return 1; } I am getting error like $ gcc u1.cpp Undefined first referenced ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Compilation on SunOs5.7 using gcc 3.3.5

I have the following declaration in file named vx_solaris.h (Path : /usr/share/src/tpkgs/veritas/solaris_sparc/include/sys/fs/vx_solaris.h) typedef (*vx_creatfptr_t)(struct vnode *, char *, struct vattr *, vcexcl_t, int, struct vnode **, vx_cred_t *, int); I include vx_solaris.h in one of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 and 64 bit apache/openssl/gcc

I installed Solaris 10 on a v440. I installed v3.4.6 gcc from Sun Freeware. I was considering installing 64 bit Apache/Openssl and wondered if people encountered any problems with it. What config parameters did you have to compile openssl and apache? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
3 Replies

8. Programming

Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris

I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h gcc: Compilation of header file requested The same command is working fine in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrupesh74
2 Replies

9. AIX

Gcc compilation problem on AIX 6.1

Hi, I have to compile a program on my server, runs on AIX 6.1. On my test server the compilation is ok (AIX 6.1); but when I try it on production server, I have this gcc prog.c -o prog_out In file included from resmon.c:111: /usr/include/unistd.h:924: error: expected ')' before ' I noticed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnjulius
1 Replies
curl_global_init(3)						  libcurl Manual					       curl_global_init(3)

NAME
curl_global_init - Global libcurl initialisation SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_global_init(long flags); DESCRIPTION
This function sets up the program environment that libcurl needs. Think of it as an extension of the library loader. This function must be called at least once within a program (a program is all the code that shares a memory space) before the program calls any other function in libcurl. The environment it sets up is constant for the life of the program and is the same for every program, so multiple calls have the same effect as one call. The flags option is a bit pattern that tells libcurl exactly what features to init, as described below. Set the desired bits by ORing the values together. In normal operation, you must specify CURL_GLOBAL_ALL. Don't use any other value unless you are familiar with it and mean to control internal operations of libcurl. This function is not thread safe. You must not call it when any other thread in the program (i.e. a thread sharing the same memory) is run- ning. This doesn't just mean no other thread that is using libcurl. Because curl_global_init() calls functions of other libraries that are similarly thread unsafe, it could conflict with any other thread that uses these other libraries. See the description in libcurl(3) of global environment requirements for details of how to use this function. FLAGS
CURL_GLOBAL_ALL Initialize everything possible. This sets all known bits. CURL_GLOBAL_SSL Initialize SSL CURL_GLOBAL_WIN32 Initialize the Win32 socket libraries. CURL_GLOBAL_NOTHING Initialise nothing extra. This sets no bit. RETURN VALUE
If this function returns non-zero, something went wrong and you cannot use the other curl functions. SEE ALSO
curl_global_init_mem(3), curl_global_cleanup(3), curl_easy_init(3) libcurl(3) libcurl 7.12 11 May 2004 curl_global_init(3)