Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Showing errors when connecting to sqlplus in shell script Post 302211428 by radoulov on Thursday 3rd of July 2008 10:24:41 AM
Old 07-03-2008
I would use something like this (assuming no spaces or other pathological characters in the filenames):

Code:
printf "@%s\nshow err\n" "$ADMINSQL_PATH"/*sql|
  sqlplus -s "$SQL_USER/$SQL_PASSWORD">output.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error connecting to sqlplus

Hi, I wrote a shell script to call oracle procedure. But when i am trying to connet sqlplus with the fallowing statement It is giving me error " callproce.sh : sqlplus: not found". What could be the problem. sqlplus -s $CONNECT_STRING >$LOGFILE <<!! thank u all papachi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting through sqlplus

I am trying to connect to one of the oracle sever using uni through sqlplus command: sqlplus -s BOXI_ALPH_AUDITOR,Q078_audit$@Q047 But its not getting connected. I tried using some different server using same syntax its working. What differene i found is the password is having no special... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting once using sqlplus and doing multiple queries

Hello everyone, It's my first week using unix and shell scripting. I tried creating a script that has a function that execute SQL query. my script looks something like this: ---------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh tableName="myTable" secondTable="secondTable"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edlin_r
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

netstat showing lots of errors

Hi, I have a server which receive lots of events to it and when I do netstat -Ie1000g0, I'm seeing the errors as below. Name Mtu Net/Dest Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Collis Queue e1000g0 1500 abc-1.com abc-1.com 3093708246 12757 92069412 0 0 0 If anyone could direct me to right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell_script showing errors in the below mentioned script while executing in linux

code: IMAGE=$imgvalue; if then echo DO=ABC; elif then echo DO=ETC; elif then echo DO=XYZ; else echo "$imgvalue is unsupported"; exit 1; fi in above script IMAGE=1 , IMAGE=2, IMAGE=3 whatever may be the value i have assigned it's showing only DO=ABC other conditions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

TNS Timeout Error when connecting to SQLPLUS through scripts only

Hi, I am facing a strange issue when connecting to SQLPLUS via a shell scripts. I am using Linux 2.6.18-274.18.1 and gbash shell. When I connect to SQLPLUS through scripts then it throws TNS Time Out error ""sometimes"" and connects successfully other times.This is only happening when... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashish.sharma8
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus not connecting the 2nd time in for loop

Hi, I am trying to get the rows(First step is to get the poolid's and then second step run a loop to get the output based on each pool id and third connection is to get the member id and pool id based on a different condition) where based of certain conditions and storing it in a file. I wrote the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
6 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure - SQL::Translator procedure object SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure; my $procedure = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new( name => 'foo', sql => 'CREATE PROC foo AS SELECT * FROM bar', parameters => 'foo,bar', owner => 'nomar', comments => 'blah blah blah', schema => $schema, ); DESCRIPTION
"SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure" is a class for dealing with stored procedures (and possibly other pieces of nameable SQL code?). METHODS
new Object constructor. my $schema = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new; parameters Gets and set the parameters of the stored procedure. $procedure->parameters('id'); $procedure->parameters('id', 'name'); $procedure->parameters( 'id, name' ); $procedure->parameters( [ 'id', 'name' ] ); $procedure->parameters( qw[ id name ] ); my @parameters = $procedure->parameters; name Get or set the procedure's name. $procedure->name('foo'); my $name = $procedure->name; sql Get or set the procedure's SQL. $procedure->sql('select * from foo'); my $sql = $procedure->sql; order Get or set the order of the procedure. $procedure->order( 3 ); my $order = $procedure->order; owner Get or set the owner of the procedure. $procedure->owner('nomar'); my $sql = $procedure->owner; comments Get or set the comments on a procedure. $procedure->comments('foo'); $procedure->comments('bar'); print join( ', ', $procedure->comments ); # prints "foo, bar" schema Get or set the procedures's schema object. $procedure->schema( $schema ); my $schema = $procedure->schema; equals Determines if this procedure is the same as another my $isIdentical = $procedure1->equals( $procedure2 ); AUTHORS
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cshl.org>, Paul Harrington <Paul-Harrington@deshaw.com>. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)