Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Showing errors when connecting to sqlplus in shell script Post 302211428 by radoulov on Thursday 3rd of July 2008 10:24:41 AM
Old 07-03-2008
I would use something like this (assuming no spaces or other pathological characters in the filenames):

Code:
printf "@%s\nshow err\n" "$ADMINSQL_PATH"/*sql|
  sqlplus -s "$SQL_USER/$SQL_PASSWORD">output.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error connecting to sqlplus

Hi, I wrote a shell script to call oracle procedure. But when i am trying to connet sqlplus with the fallowing statement It is giving me error " callproce.sh : sqlplus: not found". What could be the problem. sqlplus -s $CONNECT_STRING >$LOGFILE <<!! thank u all papachi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting through sqlplus

I am trying to connect to one of the oracle sever using uni through sqlplus command: sqlplus -s BOXI_ALPH_AUDITOR,Q078_audit$@Q047 But its not getting connected. I tried using some different server using same syntax its working. What differene i found is the password is having no special... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting once using sqlplus and doing multiple queries

Hello everyone, It's my first week using unix and shell scripting. I tried creating a script that has a function that execute SQL query. my script looks something like this: ---------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh tableName="myTable" secondTable="secondTable"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edlin_r
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

netstat showing lots of errors

Hi, I have a server which receive lots of events to it and when I do netstat -Ie1000g0, I'm seeing the errors as below. Name Mtu Net/Dest Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Collis Queue e1000g0 1500 abc-1.com abc-1.com 3093708246 12757 92069412 0 0 0 If anyone could direct me to right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell_script showing errors in the below mentioned script while executing in linux

code: IMAGE=$imgvalue; if then echo DO=ABC; elif then echo DO=ETC; elif then echo DO=XYZ; else echo "$imgvalue is unsupported"; exit 1; fi in above script IMAGE=1 , IMAGE=2, IMAGE=3 whatever may be the value i have assigned it's showing only DO=ABC other conditions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

TNS Timeout Error when connecting to SQLPLUS through scripts only

Hi, I am facing a strange issue when connecting to SQLPLUS via a shell scripts. I am using Linux 2.6.18-274.18.1 and gbash shell. When I connect to SQLPLUS through scripts then it throws TNS Time Out error ""sometimes"" and connects successfully other times.This is only happening when... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashish.sharma8
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus not connecting the 2nd time in for loop

Hi, I am trying to get the rows(First step is to get the poolid's and then second step run a loop to get the output based on each pool id and third connection is to get the member id and pool id based on a different condition) where based of certain conditions and storing it in a file. I wrote the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
6 Replies
CUBRID_PREPARE(3)							 1							 CUBRID_PREPARE(3)

cubrid_prepare - Prepare a SQL statement for execution

SYNOPSIS
resource cubrid_prepare (resource $conn_identifier, string $prepare_stmt, [int $option]) DESCRIPTION
The cubrid_prepare(3) function is a sort of API which represents SQL statements compiled previously to a given connection handle. This pre-compiled SQL statement will be included in the cubrid_prepare(3). Accordingly, you can use this statement effectively to execute several times repeatedly or to process long data. Only a single statement can be used and a parameter may put a question mark (?) to appropriate area in the SQL statement. Add a parameter when you bind a value in the VALUES clause of INSERT statement or in the WHERE clause. Note that it is allowed to bind a value to a MARK(?) by using the cubrid_bind(3) function only. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier -Connection identifier. o $prepare_stmt -Prepare query. o $option -OID return option CUBRID_INCLUDE_OID. RETURN VALUES
Request identifier, if process is successful; FALSE, if process is unsuccessful. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_prepare(3) example <?php $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33000, "demodb"); $sql = <<<EOD SELECT g.event_code, e.name FROM game g JOIN event e ON g.event_code=e.code WHERE host_year = ? AND event_code NOT IN (SELECT event_code FROM game WHERE host_year=?) GROUP BY event_code; EOD; $req = cubrid_prepare($conn, $sql); cubrid_bind($req, 1, 2004); cubrid_bind($req, 2, 2000); cubrid_execute($req); $row_num = cubrid_num_rows($req); printf("There are %d event that exits in 2004 olympic but not in 2000. For example: ", $row_num); printf("%-15s %s ", "Event_code", "Event_name"); printf("---------------------------- "); $row = cubrid_fetch_assoc($req); printf("%-15d %s ", $row["event_code"], $row["name"]); $row = cubrid_fetch_assoc($req); printf("%-15d %s ", $row["event_code"], $row["name"]); cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: There are 27 event that exits in 2004 olympic but not in 2000. For example: Event_code Event_name ---------------------------- 20063 +91kg 20070 64kg SEE ALSO
cubrid_execute(3), cubrid_bind(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_PREPARE(3)